+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport submission to Ottawa vs Newyork (PPR time)

SP4844

Jul 17, 2016
Hello,

For the return envelope's shipping label,

1. At FedEx.com, you have to create an account with your mailing address, and also give your credit/debit card details.

2. Login to your account. There is a Ship Manager link.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/ship-manager.html

Fill the details, call FedEx ship manager customer service (877 339 2774) for any clarifications. They will help in filling.

After generating shipping label, save as PDF. Ask your local FedEx office how they will require the return shipping label generated online. (Printout or pdf)

Hope this was helpful. Good luck!
Thank you so much. I did followed below instructions. I do have few questions on the same

1. I followed the process mentioned here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html
2. I got the return label in pdf.

Question 1 : FedEx just allows to select ship date 10 days in future. Ship date will be 10 days in future. If CIC is not able to send passport within next 10 days, how would they send passports back to me? Will CIC generate return label and commercial invoice on their own. I wrote a cover letter with my FedEx account number that if required they can charge my account.

Question 2 : With this process, I suppose I would go to FedEx store and they will generate a shipping label and commercial invoice for me to send passports and other required documents to CIC Canada Ottawa from USA. ?

Question 3 : All below documents will be enclosed in my packet. Please confirm?

• Passports (for me and family)
  • Self- addressed return shipping label with commercial invoice (Inside the packet)
  • Pre-paid Return FedEx envelope (Inside the packet)
  • Two Photographs each (for me and family) (Inside the packet)
  • Signed Annex A (Inside the packet)
  • Cover Letter (Inside the packet)

Ansaj17

Apr 11, 2022
Thank you so much. I did followed below instructions. I do have few questions on the same

1. I followed the process mentioned here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html
2. I got the return label in pdf.

Question 1 : FedEx just allows to select ship date 10 days in future. Ship date will be 10 days in future. If CIC is not able to send passport within next 10 days, how would they send passports back to me? Will CIC generate return label and commercial invoice on their own. I wrote a cover letter with my FedEx account number that if required they can charge my account.

Question 2 : With this process, I suppose I would go to FedEx store and they will generate a shipping label and commercial invoice for me to send passports and other required documents to CIC Canada Ottawa from USA. ?

Question 3 : All below documents will be enclosed in my packet. Please confirm?

• Passports (for me and family)
  • Self- addressed return shipping label with commercial invoice (Inside the packet)
  • Pre-paid Return FedEx envelope (Inside the packet)
  • Two Photographs each (for me and family) (Inside the packet)
  • Signed Annex A (Inside the packet)
  • Cover Letter (Inside the packet)
Answer to question 1:

A FedEx customer service agent told us that a shipping label is valid for 2 years, provided the FedEx account you created is in good standing( that means, the credit card linked should be valid, and also account must not be deleted). So you may not worry about when CIC sends it back.

Answer to question 2:

Yes. Fedex will create shipping label for mailing your documents from USA to Canada. If you want, you can create that yourself at FedEx.com and save as pdf. Anything would be fine.

Answer to question 3 :

Please include all the documents as mentioned in the RFV. Also include ---- Self- addressed return shipping label with commercial invoice, return envelope. Please make sure the photographs are fulfilling the specifications and bear yours as well as the studio's details as required.

Last edited:
Reactions: saubhik

SP4844

Jul 17, 2016
Answer to question 1:

A FedEx customer service agent told us that a shipping label is valid for 2 years, provided the FedEx account you created is in good standing( that means, the credit card linked should be valid, and also account must not be deleted). So you may not worry about when CIC sends it back.

Answer to question 2:

Yes. Fedex will create shipping label for mailing your documents from USA to Canada. If you want, you can create that yourself at FedEx.com and save as pdf. Anything would be fine.

Answer to question 3 :

Please include all the documents as mentioned in the RFV. Also include ---- Self- addressed return shipping label with commercial invoice, return envelope. Please make sure the photographs are fulfilling the specifications and bear yours as well as the studio's details as required.
Thank you for revert. When I generate a shipping return label, I do see it says

Bill transportation to: MyAccount-*** Bill duties/taxes/fees to: MyAccount-***

However, commercial invoice that gets generated does have a field that says :

If there is a designated broker for this shipment, please provide contact information
Name of Broker Tel No. Contact Name

Duties and Taxes Payable by : where Exporter is by default checked instead of Consignee which is actually me i.e. recipient.

FeelTheBern

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2020
Med's Request
22-03-2022
Med's Done....
01-04-2022
Passport Req..
14-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2022
Hi,

What did you mention in the From address while generating return shipping label?
Did you fit everything in 'Name' field? or you split into Name and Company

Cant fit this entire thing in Name field 'CPCO-PR VISA | US PERMANENT/TEMP RESIDENCE VISA/PP '
Hi @rbbnb22 What did you write eventually in the name and company fields? I'm having a similar dilemma.

FeelTheBern

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2020
Med's Request
22-03-2022
Med's Done....
01-04-2022
Passport Req..
14-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2022
1. I wrote US Permanent/Temp Residence VIA/PP only because limited characters allowed in the To part of the label: This is what my TO address looked like:

US PERMANENT/TEMP RESIDENCE VISA/PP
CPCO-PR VISA
365 LAURIER AVE W
OTTAWA, ON, C, K1A1L1

2. I went to FedEx office in person. We created our account in the FedEx Kiosk and encountered some technical issue, so we came back home and created the labels at home. I would recommend to do this step at your home itself, like creating account and both the shipment labels

3. only one Annexure A is required for the total application package. this is required for returning the passports.

Let me know if you need any more help
Hi @Going2Can... Did you write "CPCO-PR Visa" in the Name field and "US PERMANENT/TEMP RESIDENCE VISA/PP" in the Company field?

leaftbeefy

May 2, 2022
I just got an email telling me my COPR is approved, here's my timeline:
- Got PPR request letter on 4/20/2022. I am based in the New York, the PPR request asks me to send passport to Ottawa office.
- However, I had multiple international travels lined up so I couldn't send in my passport in 30 days. I emailed the ottawa office email listed on the PPR letter multiple times asking for an extension. No reply. I decided to just ignore them and attach all the proof of request emails when I eventually mail my passport in.
- 6/22/2022 finally gathered all my docs and mailed passport through Fedex
- 6/23/2022 Fedex tracking shows that passport is received
--- crickets ---
- I need my passport for another urgent matter in the US, so I checked this forum and found someone said messaging through IRCC.InformationClient-ClientInformation.IRCC@cic.gc.ca will help. Sent an email to them on 7/14/2022 to ask about status.
- Got an email reply 7/15/2022 saying my documents are approved and they will mail out my passport soon
- 7/16/2022 CIC online portal shows that application is approved.

Phew! Thanks a lot for this forum's help during the anxious waiting time.