+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport submission to Ottawa vs Newyork (PPR time)

coolusa

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Hello members, I reside in USA. I have received PPR email to submit passports to Ottawa. After going through some forums I could see people were waited 6-8 weeks to get back their passport from Ottawa. So I am wondering is this a good idea to send passport to NY visa office rather than Ottawa. Anybody send their passport to Ottawa or NY recently? Please share your experience

Sailee

Jul 11, 2019
As far as I know, you won't be able to just send it to the NY VFS. You can email them though and I know people who got a new PPR which asked them to submit documents to the NY VFS.

May I know when was your CoPR issued and when did it expire?

lostrocked

Apr 16, 2021
Create a Fedex account and follow the procedure step by step. It will approx 1.5 months to get the passport back if your pics are correct. Please go to Walgreens to get Canadian standard passport picture. They know what to do about it.

coolusa

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
As far as I know, you won't be able to just send it to the NY VFS. You can email them though and I know people who got a new PPR which asked them to submit documents to the NY VFS.

May I know when was your CoPR issued and when did it expire?
No copr ....just in ppr stage ..

Going2Can

Jun 25, 2020
We sent out passports to Ottawa CPC, 2 weeks back. We sent it thru FedEx and kept an envelope inside. We received the passports back, in the envelope we sent it.

Anky2449

Jan 15, 2020
We sent out passports to Ottawa CPC, 2 weeks back. We sent it thru FedEx and kept an envelope inside. We received the passports back, in the envelope we sent it.
So it took you less than 2 weeks to get your passport back after sending it to the Ottawa office?

coolusa

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Thank you...Just two more questions, pls help

1) Below is the address provided in PPR Email (pls see highlighted area). Not able to understand what they meant here.
CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1
Did you write exactly as shown in bold letters OR just written only Passports .
This wording is to identify what document we are mailing or it is addressing their office department?

2) Did you go to Fedex office for creating onward mail and return mail slip OR created everything online?
3) Annexure A, required for each members OR one for the total application package?
TIA

Going2Can

Jun 25, 2020
Thank you...Just two more questions, pls help

1) Below is the address provided in PPR Email (pls see highlighted area). Not able to understand what they meant here.
CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1
Did you write exactly as shown in bold letters OR just written only Passports .
This wording is to identify what document we are mailing or it is addressing their office department?

2) Did you go to Fedex office for creating onward mail and return mail slip OR created everything online?
3) Annexure A, required for each members OR one for the total application package?
TIA
1. I wrote US Permanent/Temp Residence VIA/PP only because limited characters allowed in the To part of the label: This is what my TO address looked like:

US PERMANENT/TEMP RESIDENCE VISA/PP
CPCO-PR VISA
365 LAURIER AVE W
OTTAWA, ON, C, K1A1L1

2. I went to FedEx office in person. We created our account in the FedEx Kiosk and encountered some technical issue, so we came back home and created the labels at home. I would recommend to do this step at your home itself, like creating account and both the shipment labels

3. only one Annexure A is required for the total application package. this is required for returning the passports.

Let me know if you need any more help

coolusa

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
1. I wrote US Permanent/Temp Residence VIA/PP only because limited characters allowed in the To part of the label: This is what my TO address looked like:

US PERMANENT/TEMP RESIDENCE VISA/PP
CPCO-PR VISA
365 LAURIER AVE W
OTTAWA, ON, C, K1A1L1

2. I went to FedEx office in person. We created our account in the FedEx Kiosk and encountered some technical issue, so we came back home and created the labels at home. I would recommend to do this step at your home itself, like creating account and both the shipment labels

3. only one Annexure A is required for the total application package. this is required for returning the passports.

Let me know if you need any more help
Thank you :)

Reactions: Going2Can

rbbnb22

Feb 4, 2021
Thank you :)
Hi,

What did you mention in the From address while generating return shipping label?
Did you fit everything in 'Name' field? or you split into Name and Company

Cant fit this entire thing in Name field 'CPCO-PR VISA | US PERMANENT/TEMP RESIDENCE VISA/PP '

SP4844

Jul 17, 2016
@coolusa @Going2Can I am having hard time figuring out how to get the pre paid shipping label from Canada to USA. Tried with fedex and UPS and they told they don’t do it. Spent time on fedex and UPS website and at the end didn’t work. Please help .

Ansaj17

Apr 11, 2022
@coolusa @Going2Can I am having hard time figuring out how to get the pre paid shipping label from Canada to USA. Tried with fedex and UPS and they told they don’t do it. Spent time on fedex and UPS website and at the end didn’t work. Please help .
Hello,

For the return envelope's shipping label,

1. At FedEx.com, you have to create an account with your mailing address, and also give your credit/debit card details.

2. Login to your account. There is a Ship Manager link.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/ship-manager.html

Fill the details, call FedEx ship manager customer service (877 339 2774) for any clarifications. They will help in filling.

After generating shipping label, save as PDF. Ask your local FedEx office how they will require the return shipping label generated online. (Printout or pdf)

Hope this was helpful. Good luck!

Reactions: SP4844