+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Submission to NYC center from USA

AmrithaKumari

May 17, 2022
Hello,

I got RFV email on April 26th. I gathered all the documents and sent out the package to NY Visa office. I got the tracking number on 2nd May 2022. On 3rd May 2022 Status got updated to "Under Process". Then it is all pin drop silence. I tried sending email to "info.canny", no response. I am on H1B in US, original passport has been submitted. Can anyone help me what else can be done.

Regards
Amritha

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Hello,

I got RFV email on April 26th. I gathered all the documents and sent out the package to NY Visa office. I got the tracking number on 2nd May 2022. On 3rd May 2022 Status got updated to "Under Process". Then it is all pin drop silence. I tried sending email to "info.canny", no response. I am on H1B in US, original passport has been submitted. Can anyone help me what else can be done.

Regards
Amritha
From what I gather it is taking time to get passports processed at NYC VFS. I am in similar situation, all we can do is wait. We cannot contact IRCC office in NYC or do anything to expedite it.

AmrithaKumari

May 17, 2022
I had a chat with VFS support person. Status is same thing. He asked to contact IRCC for the processing times. I am bit worried now.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
2 people got their application approved and passports stamped this week and last week. Their passports were received by IRCC on April 27th. It is taking a solid month to process passports.

Reactions: AmrithaKumari
Jan 10, 2022
Hello!

We submitted the asked documents (passports and photos) to NY office. Next day we rec'd email from VFS that we missed paying the fees related to processing and return courier (we were not asked for it earlier). We promptly paid the fees and finally got email that our passports have been forwarded to IRCC on May 6th. Since then we haven't rec'd any communication. We do not have any way to track when we will get our passports back.

Has anyone here been on the same boat? Kindly reply and share how long it took for you to receive your passports. Thanks!!

AmrithaKumari

May 17, 2022
Hi All,

My passport got stamped and dispatched yesterday. I am yet to receive it. Application got updated with counterfoil. It is taking almost a month sending Original passport to get stamped in NYC VAC.

Thank you all for the support.

Reactions: piyushjain0509
Jan 10, 2022
Hi All,

My passport got stamped and dispatched yesterday. I am yet to receive it. Application got updated with counterfoil. It is taking almost a month sending Original passport to get stamped in NYC VAC.

Thank you all for the support.
Thanks for the update. This helps a lot. I got a tracking number on May 6th. So I should get some updates later next week.

Jan 10, 2022
I rec'd the tracking number today. It's taking 5 weeks after the passports are sent to IRCC. In case someone's waiting for theirs to come back.

Pru01

Jun 9, 2022
I rec'd the tracking number today. It's taking 5 weeks after the passports are sent to IRCC. In case someone's waiting for theirs to come back.
Hi Piyush, I am in the same boat. I have sent money orders for the return mail. My documents were received by IRCC on May 11th. Glad to know that you got an update.

Reactions: piyushjain0509