+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport submission query

jaganv117

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
I received my Ppr on Dec 24. I applied while in USA and now I am in India on vacation.

I have requested for extension of the passport submission and they have approved it. So when i return to US,end of January, I will submit my passport.

But my wife, is planning on taking a longer vacation due to personal reasons. My question is whether it is ok for me to take both the passports and send it from my address in usa. And once it's stamped, I can send it to my wife in India.

Has anyone ever done this before or faced a similar situation.

Alternatively, If my wife has to submit in vfs India, can it be done before I submit my passport, since I am the primary applicant.

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
I received my Ppr on Dec 24. I applied while in USA and now I am in India on vacation.

I have requested for extension of the passport submission and they have approved it. So when i return to US,end of January, I will submit my passport.

But my wife, is planning on taking a longer vacation due to personal reasons. My question is whether it is ok for me to take both the passports and send it from my address in usa. And once it's stamped, I can send it to my wife in India.

Has anyone ever done this before or faced a similar situation.

Alternatively, If my wife has to submit in vfs India, can it be done before I submit my passport, since I am the primary applicant.
Hi Jagnav,

I am not sure if you can send it for a VFS office in India, but why not? try calling the support to see if you can get this done in India. Besides, your application is approved and they need to stamp your single entry Visa for your Landing.

Your second option - I'm sure you can send yours as well as your wife's Passport from the US.

Dan