+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport submission for Visitor Visa

sea21

Aug 2, 2019
Hello,

My parents applied for a Canadian visitor visa in April and received a passport submission request.
They submitted their biometrics in Ahmedabad, India so ideally I think they need to submit the passport to the same VFS.

However, they had to travel to the US and are in the US right now. They will be in the US for 5 months now.
Does anyone know if they would allow sending a passport to the US?

Where should I contact them? I tried calling the CIC helpline but it keeps saying we cannot process your call right now due to many requests.
Webform seems to be the other way but it asks for "Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?" question which I am not sure what to answer.
If I answer, yes my application is being processed by an office outside of Canada then it asks for the office name.

I would very much appreciate any help here.

MANAL KHAN

Aug 27, 2020
Hello,

My parents applied for a Canadian visitor visa in April and received a passport submission request.
They submitted their biometrics in Ahmedabad, India so ideally I think they need to submit the passport to the same VFS.

However, they had to travel to the US and are in the US right now. They will be in the US for 5 months now.
Does anyone know if they would allow sending a passport to the US?

Where should I contact them? I tried calling the CIC helpline but it keeps saying we cannot process your call right now due to many requests.
Webform seems to be the other way but it asks for "Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?" question which I am not sure what to answer.
If I answer, yes my application is being processed by an office outside of Canada then it asks for the office name.

I would very much appreciate any help here.
Hello! Did you find an answer to your concerns? I am facing a similar situation.

sea21

Aug 2, 2019
@MANAL KHAN Hi, I contacted the NY VFS center and they told me that if the letter doesn't mention any specific country where the passport needs to be sent then the passport can be sent anywhere.

The letter does not mention any specific country so I am planning to send my parent's passports to the NY VFS.

MANAL KHAN

Aug 27, 2020
@MANAL KHAN Hi, I contacted the NY VFS center and they told me that if the letter doesn't mention any specific country where the passport needs to be sent then the passport can be sent anywhere.

The letter does not mention any specific country so I am planning to send my parent's passports to the NY VFS.
Thank you for your reply.

Were you able to successfully send passports to the NY VFS?

sea21

Aug 2, 2019
Thank you for your reply.

Were you able to successfully send passports to the NY VFS?
I sent the passport. I am waiting to get back the passports. I got the notification on the portal that the application was approved and the decision envelope has been sent back to VFS. Hoping to get back to passport in next 2 days.

I will let you know once my parents get back the passport.