+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Submission CPC ottawa (NDVO Outland)

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
We applied for my spouse's PR (outland application) last august and got DM, now waiting for PPR.

It looks like the NDVO PPR letter (or could be others too) says that if you are in Canada and intend to stay there for atleast 3 months, then you may send your passport to CPC Ottawa.

Exact wording - Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.
You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:
· A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.

In our case, my spouse is currently in Canada on visitor visa, joined me on 30th May. He can stay utpo 6 months but we have return booked for July 28th. We have informed NDVO about visit to canada(forgot to add return date though), phone numbers and contact address when he arrived.

The request for passport will probably be coming tomorow or next week.

My question is that since my spouse is not staying in canada for atleast 3 months since 30th May, can we send the passport to ottawa instead of going to India to submit passport. Please advise.

Our main concern is that if CPC Ottawa does not stamp here then we will probably be refused for not submitting passport in time? Don't want to mess up atlast step.

Thanks!

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
You can submit it to Ottawa. They have no way of knowing about your travel plans. They say 3 months basically just because they want to cover their butt and make sure people don't send in their passport when they are planning a trip very soon afterward. You should entertain the possibility something could go wrong with the PPR in the sense that if they took a really long time, he may not have his passport in time for the trip. Besides that, you are fine to send it there.

Reactions: Beksi and gopr

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
You can submit it to Ottawa. They have no way of knowing about your travel plans. They say 3 months basically just because they want to cover their butt and make sure people don't send in their passport when they are planning a trip very soon afterward. You should entertain the possibility something could go wrong with the PPR in the sense that if they took a really long time, he may not have his passport in time for the trip. Besides that, you are fine to send it there.
Thank you @KBH - This makes sense. I was wondering if we have to inform NDVO once we get the passport request that we are submitting it to CPC - Ottawa?

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Thank you @KBH - This makes sense. I was wondering if we have to inform NDVO once we get the passport request that we are submitting it to CPC - Ottawa?
If your letter did not contain instructions about submitting to Ottawa then yes you would need to notify them. But if your letter contains the instructions, it will indicate whether you need to notify NDVO or not.

Reactions: gopr

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
If your letter did not contain instructions about submitting to Ottawa then yes you would need to notify them. But if your letter contains the instructions, it will indicate whether you need to notify NDVO or not.
Alright Thank you :)

Sep 26, 2017
We are in the same situation like you. My spouse is in Canada with me and we got passport request today.

Did you submit your passport to Ottawa CPC?

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
We are in the same situation like you. My spouse is in Canada with me and we got passport request today.

Did you submit your passport to Ottawa CPC?
Just saw your post. Yes we did and emailed NDVO and CPC-Ottawa to inform about it along with Tracking #. Our app status in gckey is updated as Approved and I see the Visa num when I click status to view.

Also CPC-Ottawa replied to us today that our app is approved and they have sent back the passport.

Waiting for CP Tracking to update, which might take a day or 2.

Sep 26, 2017
Just saw your post. Yes we did and emailed NDVO and CPC-Ottawa to inform about it along with Tracking #. Our app status in gckey is updated as Approved and I see the Visa num when I click status to view.

Also CPC-Ottawa replied to us today that our app is approved and they have sent back the passport.

Waiting for CP Tracking to update, which might take a day or 2.
Thanks for the reply.
I submitted to CPC Ottawa (I didn't inform Ndvo as the passport request did not contain any specific instruction) as well and my wife landed as PR last week.

DanaF

Mar 12, 2018
We notified our visa office regarding the change in address, they emailed back saying it was done and instructed us to submit to cpc ottowa.

Tigo Phil

Mar 12, 2018
We applied for my spouse's PR (outland application) last august and got DM, now waiting for PPR.

It looks like the NDVO PPR letter (or could be others too) says that if you are in Canada and intend to stay there for atleast 3 months, then you may send your passport to CPC Ottawa.

Exact wording - Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.
You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:
· A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.

In our case, my spouse is currently in Canada on visitor visa, joined me on 30th May. He can stay utpo 6 months but we have return booked for July 28th. We have informed NDVO about visit to canada(forgot to add return date though), phone numbers and contact address when he arrived.

The request for passport will probably be coming tomorow or next week.

My question is that since my spouse is not staying in canada for atleast 3 months since 30th May, can we send the passport to ottawa instead of going to India to submit passport. Please advise.

Our main concern is that if CPC Ottawa does not stamp here then we will probably be refused for not submitting passport in time? Don't want to mess up atlast step.

Thanks!
Hi guys, I’ve got a question about this...

Imagine that I’m asked to send my PRR but my visitor status expire before those 3 months should I return to my home country or can i extend my status ?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys, I’ve got a question about this...

Imagine that I’m asked to send my PRR but my visitor status expire before those 3 months should I return to my home country or can i extend my status ?

Thanks
You can apply for an extension.

sharma628

Jan 28, 2018
hi
i recently got passport request from new delhi. i am in canada and my wife is in india. but cic letter says
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require the following
for any applicant currently outside of Canada: passport, photo.
for Applicants in Canada
If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and any accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you will be contacted by the local IRCC office with regards to your landing appointment. Please do not send your passport to the visa office if you are in Canada.

what it means? if anybody faced same situation please help.

sa9

Jun 8, 2016
Hi
I havr recieved ppr asking my dependent’s passport to send to delhi. Whereas the same email says to submit my passport to Ottawa if all my depndents are in Canada. I have sent my pp to Ottawa with an loe explaining the situation and my wife sent it to Delhi as she is in India. Now I am confused reading posts in the forum. The exact wordings of the email in point 1 and 4

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require the following documents from your overseas dependent(s):
1) Passports
 VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.
 Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.

4) Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)
 A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.
Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Thanks for the reply.
I submitted to CPC Ottawa (I didn't inform Ndvo as the passport request did not contain any specific instruction) as well and my wife landed as PR last week.
Hello,
Please let me know whether we have to use separate envelope for each person?
We have to send 4 passports (for my wife and daughters). In this case, should we use 4 envelopes - each having its own pre-paid return envelope?

Thank you very much in advance.
NRY

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
You can apply for an extension.
Please let me know whether we have to use separate envelope for each person?
We have to send 4 passports (for my wife and daughters). In this case, should we use 4 envelopes - each having its own pre-paid return envelope?

Thank you very much in advance.
NRY