+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Submission - Buffalo Office Closing

Tennesseean

May 23, 2012
dear friends,

Did any one of you receive any email from Buffalo Office to where the passports need to be submitted, as the office is closed now. I have received an email from Buffalo in May 2nd week to submit the passport & fee for visa & COPR, however, not sure where to send now as the office is closed.

Sent an email to Buffalo Office, but no reply yet.

Please let me know if anyone got a response.

Thanks.

US2C

Jul 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr-17-2010
Doc's Request.
Jul-19-2010
AOR Received.
Dec-17-2010
IELTS Request
Sent along with full Docs
Med's Request
Feb-22-2012
Med's Done....
Mar-14-2012
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
May-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jun-16-2012
LANDED..........
Pending
I wasnt aware that the buffalo office was closing. I followed instructions that were emailed to me and sent them to the buffalo office.

Now anxiously waiting for the return of our passports.

US2C

Tennesseean said:
dear friends,

Did any one of you receive any email from Buffalo Office to where the passports need to be submitted, as the office is closed now. I have received an email from Buffalo in May 2nd week to submit the passport & fee for visa & COPR, however, not sure where to send now as the office is closed.

Sent an email to Buffalo Office, but no reply yet.

Please let me know if anyone got a response.

Thanks.

Tennesseean

May 23, 2012
US2C said:
I wasnt aware that the buffalo office was closing. I followed instructions that were emailed to me and sent them to the buffalo office.

Now anxiously waiting for the return of our passports.

US2C
I do not think you need to worry about this. I have called Buffalo VO office yesterday (1st June) and they told me to send the passports to Buffalo Office for stamping. I have mailed my passports yesterday. I am hoping that we will receive the passports with stamping soon.

It appears that for the PPRs that are getting approved recently, the VO office is asking them to submit the passports to Detroit Office. Not sure 100% about this. It is better to call or email them. I believe we should be OK.

When did your passport reach the office? Let me know when you receive it. Thanks.

US2C

Jul 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr-17-2010
Doc's Request.
Jul-19-2010
AOR Received.
Dec-17-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Feb-22-2012
Med's Done....
Mar-14-2012
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
May-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jun-16-2012
LANDED..........
Pending
Tennesseean said:
I do not think you need to worry about this. I have called Buffalo VO office yesterday (1st June) and they told me to send the passports to Buffalo Office for stamping. I have mailed my passports yesterday. I am hoping that we will receive the passports with stamping soon.

It appears that for the PPRs that are getting approved recently, the VO office is asking them to submit the passports to Detroit Office. Not sure 100% about this. It is better to call or email them. I believe we should be OK.

When did your passport reach the office? Let me know when you receive it. Thanks.
Thanks for your reply.

My passport was received by VO on 30th May. Will re-post as soon as i receive mine.

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Tennesseean....thanks for the hint. I too called Canadian consulate today and pressed Option 7 (for general inquiry). The lady I spoke with said that as long as the passports were received on or before 31st May, the Buffalo office will take care of them. This is a big relief for me because I was very concerned about my passports. I also verified that the person who signed for my FedEx package does indeed work with them.

salsa

May 30, 2012
My passports (mine & family) were received by Buffalo VO on May 18th. I asked them through email and they responded saying that will be processed as usual by that VO.
Will post as soon as I receive them.

wjfriend

Jun 4, 2012
Tennesseean said:

What phone number did you call? I want to call them and ask one thing. One month ago they asked me to provide police certificate. Now I do not know where should I send it. Thanks.

wjfriend

Jun 4, 2012
salsa said:
My passports (mine & family) were received by Buffalo VO on May 18th. I asked them through email and they responded saying that will be processed as usual by that VO.
Will post as soon as I receive them.
Would you let me know what email address did you send email to them? Thanks.

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
You can send an email to Buffalo Visa office at "re-buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca" email address. Don't forget to include your File Number in the Subject line. Hope it helps!

wjfriend

Jun 4, 2012
chappan said:
You can send an email to Buffalo Visa office at "re-buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca" email address. Don't forget to include your File Number in the Subject line. Hope it helps!
Thanks Chappan. I sent an email and got response from them as following. But they only mentioned that passport should be sent to Detroit. For other documents, I should send to CPP-O? I checked the website of CPP-O, but there is not mailing address for immigration. Does any one know?

The Visa and Immigration Section at the Consulate General of Canada in Buffalo is closed and services have been transferred across the North American processing network. For permanent resident applications already submitted to the Consulate in Buffalo, please see below: -If you are an applicant for permanent residence and you received a letter or email from our office asking you to submit your passport(s) or passport copies to our office in Buffalo, you must now submit your passport(s) or passport copies to the Consulate in Detroit. Please click here for mailing instructions..-All other applications for permanent residence have been transferred to the Case Processing Pilot office in Ottawa. Please allow 60 days prior to contacting CPP Ottawa for additional information.

US2C

Jul 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr-17-2010
Doc's Request.
Jul-19-2010
AOR Received.
Dec-17-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Feb-22-2012
Med's Done....
Mar-14-2012
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
May-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jun-16-2012
LANDED..........
Pending
Hi

What is the turnaround time taken by Buffalo VO to return passports ? Do they take full 15 days as mentioned in their email ?

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks
US2C

Sanju1986

Nov 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Spouse.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th March 2013
AOR Received.
17th April 2013
File Transfer...
17th April 2013
Med's Done....
17th Feb 2013
Interview........
Waived (As per GCMS Notes)
Passport Req..
28th May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP Since 8th Nov / DM 18th nov/ PP back - 22nd Nov !!Rehmat teri mehnat Meri Sachey Paatshah !!!
LANDED..........
hopefully soon !!!Rehmat teri mehnat Meri Sachey Paatshah !!
I sent my passport to fort erie.. received on 18th may 2012 .. I am still waiting for PP to come back

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sanju1986 said:
I sent my passport to fort erie.. received on 18th may 2012 .. I am still waiting for PP to come back
Some folks on the family side had theirs mailed back today (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-buffalo-applicants-t41886.0.html;msg1512734#msg1512734). Hopefully you hear back soon too :)

salsa

May 30, 2012
Buffalo VO received my passports on May 18th and I'm still waiting for them to send back. This Friday will complete the 15 business days.
At least I know they are processing the stamping and the PP are not being transferred anywhere else.

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Salsa...just FYI.. the reply I received via email from the Buffalo VO regarding my passport query clearly stated that the passport is USUALLY returned within 15 business days. This tells me that there could be delays beyond 15 days. Having said that, I truly hope that you receive your passport soon.