+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport stamping for Canadian Visitor Visa from US for Indian National

JJ_VA

Jul 24, 2014
I applied for a visitor VISA for my sister who is visiting me in US from India online through CAC and have received a request to submit the passport. The link in the form refers that the passport be sent to VAC and not the consulate

-------------
You must submit your passport at the visa application centre (VAC) in New York
Canadian Visa Application Centre – New York
290 Madison Ave, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10017
USA

This can be done by mail or in person.

With your passport(s), make sure you include:
◦The passport request letter you received from CIC
◦Any applicable VAC fees, such as passport transmission fees
◦Full contact information, including a phone number and your full return address
◦The VAC consent form
◦A pre-paid return courier envelope, if applicable

Check the website of the New York VAC for all requirements and more information.
--------------------------------
I got the following information from the New York VAC site.

The payment of additional services from the VAC can be paid by bank draft.

The bank draft, cashier’s cheque, certified cheque, or money order directed to CSC Consular Services Inc. must be sent to the following lockbox and you must send a copy of the payment along with your application to the VAC.

Payments for Visa Application Centre in New York:
CSC Consular Services Inc
Lockbox 3352
PO Box 8500
Philadelphia, PA 19178-3352

Passport delivery / e-Application * $34.10

My question is..........
Should I send the payment to Philadelphia and attach a copy of the check with the passport that I am sending to VAC. How does the Philadelphia office know which account the payment is for? They have not requested any document.
Should I send the check to the VAC office itself? Has anyone done this recently? It is not very clear where to send the passport and where to send the payment.
How long will it take for me to get the passport back? They say VAC will provide a tracking number. How does that work?

Thanks.

sr454

Jul 28, 2014
Hi JJ_VA,

I am in same situation, I got email from CIC today to submit the passport, Link on the passport request letter pointing to submit at VAC New york and not the consulate, wondering did you figured out the right process ?

I applied online and uploaded all the required documents online. Now Do I have to pay VAC application fee of $34.10 ? or can I submit just mail the passport and passport request letter and VAC consent letter ( if needed ) to

Canadian Visa Application Centre – New York
290 Madison Ave, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10017
USA

Please advise if you have found the process.

Thanks in advance..!!!

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hi,
If I apply for my parents Canadian visitor visa while I am in India but its approval does not come till I fly to USA(which is in couple of months time) then can I send their passport for stamping while we are in USA?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
If I apply for my parents Canadian visitor visa while I am in India but its approval does not come till I fly to USA(which is in couple of months time) then can I send their passport for stamping while we are in USA?
Yes, you can submit your passport to the nearest VAC/CSC in NY/LA.

If your parents get passport requests when they are in the US, they must email the US VAC + India visa office (for their state/region) to reconfirm

Dhillonss

Apr 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2017
Doc's Request.
02-06-2017
AOR Received.
24-05-2017
File Transfer...
13-06-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
02-06-2017
Hi,
Hello!
I have the same situation for my parents. They applied for Canada visitor visa online and they are flying to US next week. What’s the process to submit the passport in US for stamping??