+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport sent to VFS 2 weeks ago but havent heard back

jchen2020

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Hi all, I received the email requesting to send my original passport to VFS 2 weeks ago. I sent it last Monday and it has been 10 days / 7 business days but I haven't heard back. Is that normal?How long is the typical process window?

Thanks all!

Last edited:

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
You should be receiving emails from VFS if there's any update. E.g. they have received your package / dispatched it to IRCC / IRCC has received your package. The first of all such correspondence you will get a tracking number (you won't be getting more detailed info than email correspondence)

Are you not getting any such email? Or it your passport stuck at IRCC? If it's the former it might be worth asking them via email. You might be missing something or it could be that they are still sorting all the packages.

jchen2020

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
You should be receiving emails from VFS if there's any update. E.g. they have received your package / dispatched it to IRCC / IRCC has received your package. The first of all such correspondence you will get a tracking number (you won't be getting more detailed info than email correspondence)

Are you not getting any such email? Or it your passport stuck at IRCC? If it's the former it might be worth asking them via email. You might be missing something or it could be that they are still sorting all the packages.
No I havent received any emails / updates from IRCC or VFS. I knew the package was delivered to VFS only through tracking the FedEx #.