+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Returned Without a Visa

lylit

Feb 23, 2018
Hi, one of my relatives from India applied for a visitor visa and has received his passport back with pretty much no explanation. He has applied once before but his first case was rejected. This time along with his passport, all he received was a short letter from the consulate saying, "Your passport has been returned without a visa."

The line after that says that they have sent important information regarding the application to his email. However, the problem is that he is yet to receive that email. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or could offer advice about my situation. Thanks!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, one of my relatives from India applied for a visitor visa and has received his passport back with pretty much no explanation. He has applied once before but his first case was rejected. This time along with his passport, all he received was a short letter from the consulate saying, "Your passport has been returned without a visa."
Unfortunately, your relative has been refused again.

The line after that says that they have sent important information regarding the application to his email. However, the problem is that he is yet to receive that email. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or could offer advice about my situation. Thanks!
If he does not receive the email in maybe a week, he should email the visa office to request for the TRV refusal letter

lylit

Feb 23, 2018
Well that sucks, I just thought this time it may have been different as last time he was rejected outright. He got a phone call from the consulate a couple days before his passport was given back, however he was unable to pick the phone up. Is there any possibility that it might've been for an interview? Or do they not do interviews for visitor visas? Thanks in advance!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well that sucks, I just thought this time it may have been different as last time he was rejected outright. He got a phone call from the consulate a couple days before his passport was given back, however he was unable to pick the phone up.
How did he know the call was from the visa office?

Is there any possibility that it might've been for an interview? Or do they not do interviews for visitor visas? Thanks in advance!
Yes, the call could have been to schedule an interview. Normally, the visa office would have also emailed your relative about the interview.

Interviews are uncommon for TRVs. It would be to give an opportunity to the applicant before refusing the TRV.

You may want to order GCMS/case notes for your relative. These notes would also indicate whether or not an interview was scheduled

Last edited:

abhishek!989

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018

Hi Buddy.

Did you get email back from visa office and got refusal letter. It happened to me as well like passport has been sent back without stamp but its said important information has been send by email. did not get any email from them

Perfectsquare

Mar 15, 2019
Hello,
Is it possible for the Canadian embassy to return a passport after 90 days without visa/stamp or even a letter explaining why?
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello,
Is it possible for the Canadian embassy to return a passport after 90 days without visa/stamp or even a letter explaining why?
Thanks
Yes, it is possible. It happens when an applicant has been refused. The refusal letter could be sent by IRCC through email

Jul 19, 2019

I got my passport too at the visa office and no stamp on it and they never said anything about the visa. They also told me they sent an important information into my mail but I've got no email in my inbox yet. I don't know whether I was rejected. In my own case, they never said " your passport has been returned without visa"

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I got my passport too at the visa office and no stamp on it and they never said anything about the visa. They also told me they sent an important information into my mail but I've got no email in my inbox yet. I don't know whether I was rejected. In my own case, they never said " your passport has been returned without visa"
If you are from a visa required country and you got your passport back without a visa then it is a rejection whether they say it has been returned without a visa or not.