+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport returned with no visa or stamp

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
I sent an email to them to inquire about the situation. They haven't responded back to me yet. Also I would like to check if it is good idea to send the passport back to them in case they want to print the visa in it.
wait a couple of days, they are going to let you know...

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
I sent an email to them to inquire about the situation. They haven't responded back to me yet. Also I would like to check if it is good idea to send the passport back to them in case they want to print the visa in it.
everything looks good also they kept your passport for a months

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Everyone I asked is saying that it might be an error. My issue is how they can refuse a visa after they asked for the passport. it was online application and I went through all the requirements which I guess I met otherwise they will not ask me to send the passport. The worst is that the online status has not been updated. The DHL showed that the passport was sent back on the 10 of march. Today is the 20th and the status has been updated yet.
I have seen others who have been refused after sending in their passport but I have also seen errors. You can either wait a few days or send in a webform right away.

cilin

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Is there IMM5740 file which is Original Passport Request on your GIC account? if yes, your visa should be approved.

Thor1995

Mar 18, 2020
Hi there,
I have applied for study permit and completed my Biometric. As per now, my passport has been damaged as it is soaked on Oil. What can be done in this case? Do i need to issue new passport and submit to IRCC in terms of passport request ? Please support me with this. Thank you.

Qwerty098

Jul 31, 2018
Application submitted: December 5, 2020
Biometrics submitted: December 18, 2020
Medical Passed, February 5, 2021
Passport request submitted February 17, 2021
Passport received with no stamp or visa March 15, 2021
Application Status: Still in progress
okay, so you still didn't receive your BVL?
Under details about your application status - FINAL DESCION; Does it say - 'Your Application is still in progress...' or 'Your Application was approved.......'

I can understand how frustrating this can be, just hang in there. My suggestion to you is is try calling them, because webforms take a lot of time.
Lets hope for the best!

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
I need some helps regarding some issues I encountered after I applied for study Visa in Canada. I did everything as it is supposed to and everything went well. I did the bio and my physical. A month ago, I was told to send my passport for finalization. Surprisingly, I received an empty passport with no stamp or visa. I have been checking online and the status is showing it is still in progress. Everyone says that as they ask me to provide a passport, that means I am approved for the visa. The online status is still showing that my case is in progress. I need a help figuring out what is my steps.
any updates?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
so a person will spend money on medical tests then gets refused visa? I guess they dont care if a person is going to spend some $ on medical tests
Health and current medical conditions are considered during the application process. Some get refused outright before a medical.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,
I have applied for study permit and completed my Biometric. As per now, my passport has been damaged as it is soaked on Oil. What can be done in this case? Do i need to issue new passport and submit to IRCC in terms of passport request ? Please support me with this. Thank you.
You need a new passport

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Health and current medical conditions are considered during the application process. Some get refused outright before a medical.
before medicals it makes sense after medical check-up done and then they decide to refuse (nothing health-related) makes little sense

edoe77

Mar 19, 2021
any updates?
The person helping me figuring all this out sent an email to VFS instead. They replied that "unfortunately, all the passports were returned with the envelopes in which they came from. So they don't have any idea. And the best way is to contact the immigration for further assistance." Now, he wrote to the immigration a letter explaining the situation but we did not get any reply from them yet.

After, we decided to send the passport back to the embassy and we received a new email from the VFS saying that "your application tracking ID Nber ****** has been dispatched to the IRCC office on 03/24/2021 for processing.

What does this mean? any thought about this situation will be so helpful