+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport returned with no visa or stamp

edoe77

Mar 19, 2021
I need some helps regarding some issues I encountered after I applied for study Visa in Canada. I did everything as it is supposed to and everything went well. I did the bio and my physical. A month ago, I was told to send my passport for finalization. Surprisingly, I received an empty passport with no stamp or visa. I have been checking online and the status is showing it is still in progress. Everyone says that as they ask me to provide a passport, that means I am approved for the visa. The online status is still showing that my case is in progress. I need a help figuring out what is my steps.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I need some helps regarding some issues I encountered after I applied for study Visa in Canada. I did everything as it is supposed to and everything went well. I did the bio and my physical. A month ago, I was told to send my passport for finalization. Surprisingly, I received an empty passport with no stamp or visa. I have been checking online and the status is showing it is still in progress. Everyone says that as they ask me to provide a passport, that means I am approved for the visa. The online status is still showing that my case is in progress. I need a help figuring out what is my steps.
Was there a slip of paper included telling you to check your email?

edoe77

Mar 19, 2021
Honestly it looks like a refusal but there may have been an error. Would monitor your email/account over the next few days.
Everyone I asked is saying that it might be an error. My issue is how they can refuse a visa after they asked for the passport. it was online application and I went through all the requirements which I guess I met otherwise they will not ask me to send the passport. The worst is that the online status has not been updated. The DHL showed that the passport was sent back on the 10 of march. Today is the 20th and the status has been updated yet.

shopnodana91

Dec 20, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2021
Med's Request
02-03-2021
Med's Done....
08-03-2021
Passport Req..
01-04-2021
Everyone I asked is saying that it might be an error. My issue is how they can refuse a visa after they asked for the passport. it was online application and I went through all the requirements which I guess I met otherwise they will not ask me to send the passport. The worst is that the online status has not been updated. The DHL showed that the passport was sent back on the 10 of march. Today is the 20th and the status has been updated yet.
Raise a webform mentioning the issue

LizADE

Mar 11, 2021
Kindly send a mail to them they will respond quickly i guess it was a mistake. They are probably looking for your passport and thats why they couldnt update your status.They are human you know mistakes are bound to happen

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
did you end up getting visa or not?

edoe77

Mar 19, 2021
did you end up getting visa or not?
No, the passport was sent to me with no stamp nor visa. I did not receive any refusal/denial letter or email.I am not sure if it was a mistake. But the status is still showing that the case is still in progress

edoe77

Mar 19, 2021
Hi, please share us your timeline.
Also, in your application, what does the final decision say?
The case is still in progress even though I received the passport with no visa or stamp. I hope it was an error since all my docs were validated before they requested to have the passport sent to them.

edoe77

Mar 19, 2021
Hi, please share us your timeline.
Also, in your application, what does the final decision say?
Application submitted: December 5, 2020
Biometrics submitted: December 18, 2020
Medical Passed, February 5, 2021
Passport request submitted February 17, 2021
Passport received with no stamp or visa March 15, 2021
Application Status: Still in progress

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
usually when there is medical sent it means almost approved for visa

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
I think they forgot to put visa in it..
Have you talked to the visa office?

edoe77

Mar 19, 2021
I think they forgot to put visa in it..
Have you talked to the visa office?
I sent an email to them to inquire about the situation. They haven't responded back to me yet. Also I would like to check if it is good idea to send the passport back to them in case they want to print the visa in it.