+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORT RETURNED TO SENDER (CPP) !

Mar 2, 2014
Hi,
I sent my passport to the visa office in Ottawa and have included a return envelope and everything. But after the office has stamped my visa to my passport and my passport was on its way back to me the process was interrupted from Canada Post as "the address on the envelope was incorrect" and they returned it back to the sender (CPP OTTAWA) now I dont know what to do or who to contact in order to get my passport back and I'm freaking out.

Ghadeer Ibrahim

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Call the call centre, first thing tomorrow morning, 8am if possible bcs they are very hard to get a hold off. Explain your situation and change your address if wrong.

ghadeeribrahim said:
Hi,
I sent my passport to the visa office in Ottawa and have included a return envelope and everything. But after the office has stamped my visa to my passport and my passport was on its way back to me the process was interrupted from Canada Post as "the address on the envelope was incorrect" and they returned it back to the sender (CPP OTTAWA) now I dont know what to do or who to contact in order to get my passport back and I'm freaking out.

Ghadeer Ibrahim

Mar 2, 2014
I tried calling them many many times but its impossible to get hold of a real person! all I get is their automated reply system!

ortom said:
Call the call centre, first thing tomorrow morning, 8am if possible bcs they are very hard to get a hold off. Explain your situation and change your address if wrong.

mihais2u

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
Nov 07, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 13, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 05, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 07, 2015
LANDED..........
May 16, 2015
Hi There,

Same thing happened to me... Canada Post din not delivered back my passport due to some processing error and they send it back to CPP Ottawa.

Can you please tell me how this issue was solved? I want to know if CPP will try to send it back to me again now that they have it. in my tracking history is saying that "The item was successfully returned to the sender."
Please reply.

Thanks, M

sipdeh

Sep 5, 2014
Hello i just get the same case..
can you let me know how to solve this problem?
I am worry I cant get my passport back

Curtisyang

Jun 4, 2019
Hi All,

If you are experiencing a similar situation, DON'T PANIC!

When the Canada Post tried to deliver the passport back to my company's address, our new receptionist could not recognize my name at that point, so she mistakenly told the mailman that the recipient not located at this address and my mail was returned back to CPC – Ottawa. But eventually, CPC mailed back my passport to me and I got it about 10 days later.

From my own experience, the following procedures might be helpful:
1. Call Canada Post immediately, explain the situation and find out if it possible to intercept the mail or reschedule the delivery.
2. If the mail cannot be intercepted or it has already been returned to CPC-Ottawa, sent an email to this email ID:
cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca. In the email, you should briefly explain your situation and don't forget to include your name, DOB, UCI, Application #, document #, passport #, etc. Make sure you put your Application # in the title of the email.
3. Be patient. CPC is super busy and super slow. They may not response your email immediately, so just relax.
4. From my own experience, they emailed me after 5 business days to confirm my mailing address and ask me to purchase a Canada Post Xpresspost mailing label online or mail them an Xpresspost return envelop. Make sure you provide the 100% correct address this time!!!
5. After receiving your mailing label or return envelop, they will mail your passport back to you in next 1-2 business days.
6. Keep tracking your mail from Canada Post website. If you find anything wrong, call Canada post right away.
7. You get your passport.

Your situation may be different from mine. But overall, CPC will try to solve the issue on their side, because we are their client, we paid the application fee to them. So don't panic. I hope the above information is helpful. Thanks.

-Curtis