+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport return time after TRV Approval?

j_singh96

Nov 1, 2017
Hi there,
Ottawa Office received my passport on Oct 18th,2017. My online TRV application status is showing approved as of Nov 6th,I was wondering how long it takes Ottawa office to send the passport back after the TRV is approved. I have my flight on November 20th , i really hope i get it back before that if anyone knows how long it takes the passport to get back, please do share in comments.
Thanks.

louisaccc

Nov 7, 2017
Hi j_singh96,

I am unfortunately experiencing the same thing right now. CIC Ottawa received my passport on October 18, 2017 and my online TRV application was approved as of November 2nd. Did you also send a prepaid Xpresspost in your mail?
I did, as requested. However the tracking number is not trackable until now. What about your tracking number? Did you check it?

k9394

Nov 1, 2017
I think they have a 2 week window to send your passport back. Probably call them and ask them for an update?

shawnjun

Nov 7, 2017
Hi j_singh96,

I am unfortunately experiencing the same thing right now. CIC Ottawa received my passport on October 18, 2017 and my online TRV application was approved as of November 2nd. Did you also send a prepaid Xpresspost in your mail?
I did, as requested. However the tracking number is not trackable until now. What about your tracking number? Did you check it?
Did you receive an email from CIC stating that they recieved your passport at their office?

k9394

Nov 1, 2017
CIC Ottawa received my passport on the 8th of November according to the Canada post tracking. I called today to ask when will I be getting it back and the person said they don't have a record of receiving my passport. I gave the person my tracking number hopefully they find it. They might just send my passport back without the visa and ill have to reply from my home country.