+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport requested for PR!!!

TJL

Star Member
Jul 2, 2007
I got the request for the passport! The day has finally arrived! This is the request:

Documentary evidence of sponsor's intention to re-establish in Canada: e.g. proof of employment contract, job offer in canada, property rental agreement, property deed, property mortgage on property.

Are only one of these documents sufficient to show intention to re-establish in Canada?

TJL

Star Member
Jul 2, 2007
We applied in Sept 07. Got sponsorship approval Oct 21, 07. Consulate began working on PR file Nov 7, 07. It was forwarded to Seattle Jan 25, 08. Got letter from Seattle March 14, 08. Must get passport approved within 30 days. Will take passport to Seattle next week, between 8-11 a.m. Will pick up stamped passport between 2:30-3 p.m. same day!

If you're not aware of additional site for following timelines, check out the link below.

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class/

TJL

Star Member
Jul 2, 2007
congrats tamee! you certainly didn't wait as long as we did. I wish there could some kind of revelation regarding the variables in what makes one longer than the other. Alas, we finally got it so . . .

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
yea would be nice lol, i have met a friend during this process who filed the same day as i did and this is her first marraige and my second, she has no kids i have 3, no criminal history for either of us and both were outland applications and we were processed the same time line as each other, so theres just no telling whats in the minds of the CIC and what may or may not selay the processing times. congrats again and thnx everyone!!