+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request

aidandoherty

Dec 29, 2009
After forgetting about my application for some time I have just received an email from Los Angeles requesting my passport. I'm assuming that I'm pretty much home and dry with this and again it's just a waiting game?

Or are there any other hurdles to cross?

Wolvy

May 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-29-2011
AOR Received.
PER: 9-1-2011, 10-4-2011 2nd AOR
Med's Request
10-28-2013 & RPRF requested, doc request 12-27-2013
Med's Done....
11-8-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-19-2014
Congrats on the PPR. You're in the home stretch and I think there isn't much more that could trip you up. Did they ask for a new POF or any other doc? If not you should have you visa soon and then it just going through the process at POE and from what I've read I think it is a pretty straight forward process there. Good luck.

aidandoherty

Dec 29, 2009
They did a couple of months back (long complicated story) and off bank statements so no problem. On this email they didn't request me to submit another pof, just a link to the pof funds requirement. The only thing they requested was my passport and the rprf. I think this might be good news :). I've had so many ups and downs, I used to live in Canada, then got laid off just before the 2 year mark of employment, had to leave everything, my car, life, home, girlfriend and come back to the uk. Luckily my app was already accepted and being processed. The only problem now is having the strength to do it all again. Canada was an extremely difficult country to crack. You essentially kiss your career goodbye for a few years at least. Not sure if I can through all that again.

Wolvy

May 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-29-2011
AOR Received.
PER: 9-1-2011, 10-4-2011 2nd AOR
Med's Request
10-28-2013 & RPRF requested, doc request 12-27-2013
Med's Done....
11-8-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-19-2014
aidandoherty said:
They did a couple of months back (long complicated story) and off bank statements so no problem. On this email they didn't request me to submit another pof, just a link to the pof funds requirement. The only thing they requested was my passport and the rprf. I think this might be good news :). I've had so many ups and downs, I used to live in Canada, then got laid off just before the 2 year mark of employment, had to leave everything, my car, life, home, girlfriend and come back to the uk. Luckily my app was already accepted and being processed. The only problem now is having the strength to do it all again. Canada was an extremely difficult country to crack. You essentially kiss your career goodbye for a few years at least. Not sure if I can through all that again.
Well that's good. Hopefully it won't be too much longer for you. That previous Canadian job experience will be helpful in your employment search and hopefully you can get a job in your field of choice quicker than before. Good luck:)

alylosan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Congrats! You could do it again! New job, new car new place and even a new girlfriend if you want haha. Hope I get my passport request soon.
By the way could you tell me what their email address and subject look like because I am waiting for mine.