+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request!

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Hi everyone,

Very exciting - I just got PPR!

I just have one question - I have a child who is Canadian (born here) and he was included on the application (i.e. he was born before we submitted the application). Doe she count as an "accompanying family member"?

The PPR requests: "Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the valid passport for you and one for each accompanying family member." The same is for the photos - I need to submit photos of myself and any accompanying family members.

Our family is just me (Principal Applicant), my common-law spouse (Sponsor) and our child (Canadian citizen). We currently live in Canada and have throughout the entire processing.

I just want to know if I should be submitting passports and photos for my child too?

Thank you!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi everyone,

I just have one question - I have a child who is Canadian (born here) and he was included on the application (i.e. he was born before we submitted the application). Doe she count as an "accompanying family member"?

The PPR requests: "Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the valid passport for you and one for each accompanying family member." The same is for the photos - I need to submit photos of myself and any accompanying family members.

Our family is just me (Principal Applicant), my common-law spouse (Sponsor) and our child (Canadian citizen). We currently live in Canada and have throughout the entire processing.

I just want to know if I should be submitting passports and photos for my child too?

Thank you!
So you are the PA (i.e. not a Canadian) sponsored by your Common law spouse (who is Canadian?) and you have a child who is Canadian as they were born in Canada right??

If so, then only photos for you (the PA). Your child is already Canadian so not relevant.

Tanzz13

Feb 23, 2018
Hi everyone,

Thank you!
Hi there, Congrats on the ppr.
Could you please share your timeline?

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
So you are the PA (i.e. not a Canadian) sponsored by your Common law spouse (who is Canadian?) and you have a child who is Canadian as they were born in Canada right??

If so, then only photos for you (the PA). Your child is already Canadian so not relevant.
Hey Hurlabrick!

Yep- I am the PA (Australian) and my partner is the Sponsor (Canadian) and we have a child together who was born in Canada.