+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORT REQUEST????

Shadoop

May 1, 2012
Hello everyone,

I found this website while trying to get information on the letter my wife whom i am sponsoring just recieved.
She is brazilian and we have applied through Sao Paulo. We both live in the carribean and decided to go through SP and no through kingston, jamaica becuase the processing times were alot shorter.

I got approved in jan - from the caseprocessing in ontario. They then said they would be sending it to brazil for further processing in feburary,We have not heard anything from them in brazil saying that they have recieved my wifes application" except just today we got a letter dated april 11 in the mail.

Its says nothing about being approved or not approved, just says, " in order to issue your permanent residence visa we request your passport" then gos on to say " your visa is only valid from 1 year of medical, or the date of her passport expiriy, whichnever is sooner"

It asks to stick the label provided with numbers on it on from of the passprort and send it off, to brazil, no pics or anything, just passport

I have heard of PPR letter, but this letter does not give any deadline to send, nor say anything about using s courier and sending a paid waybill for the return of the passport?. And i never recieved any email niether?

Could it be that its approved after only 2 months in brazil? The website says waiting times are 9 months. How long will they have the passport for?. Is this the passport request letter? I hope we are almost there! If anyone could help or had this letter before please let me know!

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
If you are not sure about the authenticity of the letter you received, you can call up the SP visa office and get it confirmed from them. They would tell if if they had indeed sent the letter to you. I would not ask about interviews or anything, just confirm with them that they had indeed sent you a letter asking for the passport.

Shadoop

May 1, 2012
Thank you for your post

Im not worried about the authenticity of the letter, just confused because i was expecting the process to take 9 months not 2.5 months and we had not recieved a AOR letter yet confirming that the had recieved the transferred files.

I just red a post by someone who had got their visa within 2 months beacuse they had a thourough application abd was very organised,

I have tried callin them and emailingbthem but cant get through, maybe they attempted to send these letters via email but i did not recieve , i looked through all my junk folders,

We need to leave country in 4 weeks and hope the passport comes back in time, beacause my wife medical does not expire until november we have lots of time buti have heard there is usually a deadline to send passport but this letter says none of that,

Also read that hese letters vary fom office to office

Shadoop

May 1, 2012
And the letter sounds like it approved by telling her that her visa will be issued with her name on her passport and all her govenment issued cards in canada will also be,

She will need to get a new passportvwith new married last name before she sends her passport if she wishes

Just doesnt say shes been approved