+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request

moon28

Apr 16, 2012
Since I am in Canada and my husband in India....can someone hand carry my husbands pasport from India to Canada ??I have applied under CEC class and an waiting for passport request from Buffalo_Or can he get his passport stamped in New Delhi as he cant courier his to Buffalo for stamping ?? In the latter case will it result in delaying ??

Also after a passport request if we carry the passport to Buffalo ...do they stamp and return the same day ???

Any suggestions ???

ane

May 10, 2011
App. Filed.......
May 8 2019
AOR Received.
July 17 2019
moon28 said:
Since I am in Canada and my husband in India....can someone hand carry my husbands pasport from India to Canada ??I have applied under CEC class and an waiting for passport request from Buffalo_Or can he get his passport stamped in New Delhi as he cant courier his to Buffalo for stamping ?? In the latter case will it result in delaying ??

Also after a passport request if we carry the passport to Buffalo ...do they stamp and return the same day ???

Any suggestions ???
I am also in the same situation.........i don't know. I am also waiting for some advise
When did you complete your medicals

jsa

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
rcd on 8th june 2011
AOR Received.
19th august
IELTS Request
along with application
Med's Request
september 1st 2011
Med's Done....
september 9th 2011
I BROUGHT MY WIFE AND KIDS PASSPORT THROUGH INDIAN SPEED POST AS I AM WAITING FOR MY PASS PORT REQUEST.

ONCE THEY REQUEST I WILL SEND IT AND I WILL VISIT INDIA AND BRING THEM HERE.

SO ITS NOT THAT BIG PROBLEM TO BRING PASS PORT FROM INDIA.

JUST PACK PROPERLY AND DONT TELL OFFICIALS THAT WE ARE SENDING PASS PORT

THATS IT U WILL HAVE PASSPORT HANDY IN A WEEK BY SPEED POST..............!!

moon28

Apr 16, 2012
jsa said:
I BROUGHT MY WIFE AND KIDS PASSPORT THROUGH INDIAN SPEED POST AS I AM WAITING FOR MY PASS PORT REQUEST.

ONCE THEY REQUEST I WILL SEND IT AND I WILL VISIT INDIA AND BRING THEM HERE.

SO ITS NOT THAT BIG PROBLEM TO BRING PASS PORT FROM INDIA.

JUST PACK PROPERLY AND DONT TELL OFFICIALS THAT WE ARE SENDING PASS PORT

THATS IT U WILL HAVE PASSPORT HANDY IN A WEEK BY SPEED POST..............!!
Thats very risky ....and kind of illegal.When we get the passport request cant we tell the Consulate of Canada in Buffalo to tell the Consulate in New Delhi to stamp for our spouses residing in India...rather than risk the passport ???

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

moon28 said:
Thats very risky ....and kind of illegal.When we get the passport request cant we tell the Consulate of Canada in Buffalo to tell the Consulate in New Delhi to stamp for our spouses residing in India...rather than risk the passport ???
No. It has to be sent/delivered to the office that processed the application.

Duke

Star Member
Aug 2, 2011
Hi Moon,

I had similar situation for sending passpor to buffalo from India. Although there are options available to send thorugh courier.

1. Most secure is personally visit to buffalo

if not poissible above then send it with some one with your authorisation letter. if still not possbile then last option you should try is

1. Inquiry with DHL , if you present passpor request they wiill surely carry. one of my friend did that it reached without any hassesl to "PERSONAL address in canada."

2. If you want to send it directly to "embassy address" in buffalo then it will have no problem in sending through courier , DHL will carry it with passport request letter and your authorisation.

Please note that there is no such actt hat we can't send it through post or courier , IT ;s JUST CAUTION.

For 1st, Yes if custom intercept your passports they usually keep it with them for primary security checking but will not impact much delay.

For 2nd, I am sure there will be no delay in sending directly to buffalo. People have done this in past and works absolutely fine.

moon28

Apr 16, 2012
Duke said:
Hi Moon,

I had similar situation for sending passpor to buffalo from India. Although there are options available to send thorugh courier.

if not poissible above then send it with some one with your authorisation letter. if still not possbile then last option you should try is

1. Inquiry with DHL , if you present passpor request they wiill surely carry. one of my friend did that it reached without any hassesl to "PERSONAL address in canada."

2. If you want to send it directly to "embassy address" in buffalo then it will have no problem in sending through courier , DHL will carry it with passport request letter and your authorisation.

Please note that there is no such actt hat we can't send it through post or courier , IT ;s JUST CAUTION.

For 1st, Yes if custom intercept your passports they usually keep it with them for primary security checking but will not impact much delay.

For 2nd, I am sure there will be no delay in sending directly to buffalo. People have done this in past and works absolutely fine.
Thanks everyone for the advice.So it means when I am requested for the passport by any means I and my husbands passport has to be given to Buffalo for stamping....they cannot direct New Delhi to stamp my husbands passport???
My parents can carry the passport with them as they are coming to Canada with authorisation letter from my husband.They wont declare at the airport that they have my husbands passport.Is that ok ??
Lastly once his passport reaches Canada I can send mine and his passport to Buffalo for stamping.I can take the stamped passports to India and return with him to Canada.My question is wouldnt the Indian or Canadian authority raise a question that when my husband did not leave the country howcome his passport was sent to Buffalo.

Plz advice...I really need to sort this out.

welkin16

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
Mid march -2012...my husband received it in Canada
Med's Done....
Before application was sent..
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-04-2012
Duke said:
Hi Moon,

Just today, I sent my passport through DHL to New Delhi High Commission....I am nervous about it and scared to Death....i hope things will work out fine.....:p