+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request recieved...now a question..

sunny001

Nov 21, 2009
I applied for sponsorship for my wife in Jan 5, 2010 which was processed and approved by CPC Mississauga in early feb 2010. My wife travelled to USA[and is still there] on Jan 12, 2010 from India for a brief visit. We have received passport request from New Delhi Office. Can we authorize our relative who is travelling to India and they can courier passport from punjab to New Delhi office? They can also bring it back. They will have authorization letter signed by my wife which can be notarized. I know that my wife cannot send passport by post out of USA as it says in passport but it can be carried by authorized person.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sunny001 said:
I applied for sponsorship for my wife in Jan 5, 2010 which was processed and approved by CPC Mississauga in early feb 2010. My wife travelled to USA[and is still there] on Jan 12, 2010 from India for a brief visit. We have received passport request from New Delhi Office. Can we authorize our relative who is travelling to India and they can courier passport from punjab to New Delhi office? They can also bring it back. They will have authorization letter signed by my wife which can be notarized. I know that my wife cannot send passport by post out of USA as it says in passport but it can be carried by authorized person.
Your plan will work (it is probably the only one that will) Just ensure that person carrying the passport has and authorization from your spouse to do so.

PMM