+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request received not sure what is VAC consent form

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Hi, I received passport request notification for my parents visitor visa application. I am planning to submit passport to Los Angeles office.
as per instruction it says
when you send your passport please submit 1. passport request letter you received
2. VAC consent form.

I dont know about VAC consent form? is it necessary to submit. On the actual passport request notification of cic it doesnt say anything about VAC form . but when you open the link thats shows where to submit the passport under Los Angeles office there is a PDF file for VAC form.
I didnt use any representative. do i submit this form ? I am confused any idea is much appreciated

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thats the form you will submit to VFS application collection centre. If you're not applying online and applying through the VFS office, then you will have to submit this form, its required for VFS, not TRV.

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
xenon said:
thats the form you will submit to VFS application collection centre. If you're not applying online and applying through the VFS office, then you will have to submit this form, its required for VFS, not TRV.
Thanks for the reply. I am little bit confused. I had applied online. So does this mean I dont have to submit this VAC consent form?
I didnt understand when you said its required for VFS, not TRV. Please let me know. I have already purchased flight ticket so its important i send the proper information to get the passport back as soon as possible. Thank you!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
vanwilder said:
Thanks for the reply. I am little bit confused. I had applied online. So does this mean I dont have to submit this VAC consent form?
I didnt understand when you said its required for VFS, not TRV. Please let me know. I have already purchased flight ticket so its important i send the proper information to get the passport back as soon as possible. Thank you!
If you had applied online (directly to CIC); you shouldn't have to fill out VFS Consent Form. However, you can verify any confusion by contacting CIC.

FYI:
VFS-Global (Visa Facilitation Service) is a private company which acts as a middleman between applicant and embassy handling document collection, forwarding, acceptance etc. It operates for 38 different countries (including Canada) through numerous VAC (Visa Application Centre) all over the globe.

For someone, who choose to apply paper-based and the Canadian High Commission near him doesn't handle visa application; must apply through VFS. In that case, he has to sign an agreement with VFS called VFS Consent Form. In a nutshell, he is agreeing to the terms that VFS can collect and submit documents/fees, do biometrics etc. for his visa application.

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check the thread started by juuiu, Send passport to VAC for visa stamp. It gives all details.

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Thanks for everyone's input. So according to Juuiu post VAC consent form is compulsory to be filled and also a fee of $ 34.10 per person need to be submitted along with the receipt of money order paid.

I am wondering why Xenon and Rossei said if you applied visa online directly to cic you shouldn’t have to fill VFS consent form. Its also quite confusing when there is nothing mentioned on passpoprt request Letter about the VFS consent form and especially the fee. I also read under frequently asked question About if VFS service and its clearly says this is optional. So very confusing . especially when time is limited.
Let me know if anyone has anymore information.

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VFS service was optional BEFORE LA and NY consulates stopped stamping visas.
Now all visa stamping is done through either NY VAC or LA VAC.