+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passport request received,i have a few questions please

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi guys i just would like to share with everyone that i received PPR just now.my application still says in process.
i have few questions if anyone with similar situation can give some inputs it will be great.
1)they asked me to pay the RPRF again but i have already got that with the medical request and paid,what should i do about that?
2)im planing to send my passport through courier so do i need two or only one prepaid canada post xpresspost envelope for return?
3)they have asked for two photographs so im wondering both should have the taken date stamped in or just one,also should i write my name and date of birth on the back of the photographs?

thanks to everyone for sharing their inputs and good luck to all others still waiting,i hope you get some good news before Xmas :)

tarun kumar devgan

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Hi I Just got ppr too and my ecas says in process too ...which is not a big deal!

1) I am not sure if it is mentioned in your ppr email or not ...under the RPRF It said their records say that you have paid it already then just disregard it or just send them a scanned copy of reciept.
2) only one prepaid canada post envelope
3) check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#5445E4

good luck

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
thanks tarun kumar devgan,

this is what is says in my ppr email:(Every principal applicant and his/her accompanying spouse/common law partner are required to pay a Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) in the amount of 490 Canadian dollars. The RPRF is a separate fee that must be paid in addition to the processing fees that you have ALREADY PAID).i think the already paid here refers to the processing fees.
i have already paid and sent the scanned copy of the receipt to CPPO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca
what i am thinking this is a standard PPR email so im just going to email a scanned copy to OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca and inform them that RPRF already paid.

sunbun

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Hi Canadavisa13,
Hope this information helps you

1)they asked me to pay the RPRF again but i have already got that with the medical request and paid,what should i do about that?
If you had already paid RPRF, provide a photocopy of the same in the package and mention on top "Already Paid" and also state the same in your covering letter.

2)im planing to send my passport through courier so do i need two or only one prepaid canada post xpresspost envelope for return?
If you are planning to send the package through courier, then you send this to the courier address and not the canada post address of CIC. You need to include one CanadaPost xpresspost envelope inside the courier package which will be used to send back your passports.

3)they have asked for two photographs so im wondering both should have the taken date stamped in or just one,also should i write my name and date of birth on the back of the photographs?
Both the photographs just need "Date" and no other information required.

canadavisa13 said:
Hi guys i just would like to share with everyone that i received PPR just now.my application still says in process.
i have few questions if anyone with similar situation can give some inputs it will be great.

thanks to everyone for sharing their inputs and good luck to all others still waiting,i hope you get some good news before Xmas :)