+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request received but marital status changed at the same time

yasir194

Nov 5, 2013
Hi guys, I've got a situation here. I received my passport request on January 10th 2017 via email listing the standard 4 step process - Update your application, determine if you need to send your passport, prep your documents & then finally submit your passport and photos (within 30 days). I got married 2 weeks before this passport request and I informed them about my marriage as soon as I saw the passport request email (pretty much a coincidence since I didn't get a chance to send anything in within that 2 week period). I was then asked to add my wife to this application and email all her documents within 30 days, I gathered everything and sent it in within a week's time. My question is should I still send in my passport as requested in the first email or is that passport request invalid now since my wife was added? The 30 day deadline for the initial passport request is almost here now and just wondering if its worth a shot sending it in anyway? My application status on CIC is Decision Made. I applied through AINP paper application.

I am based in Edmonton, Alberta and the wife is in Karachi, Pakistan.

Thanks guys!