+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request / Ready for visa email.... UK

kiera43

Aug 26, 2017
Hello.
I have received email stating 'ready fro visa' asking for passport documents etc.
The email has not been uploaded on myCIC and has only been sent to my email address.

I am from a visa exempt country (UK) so assuming I do not need to send my passport as per instructions in email... and part of email states.....

"STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
You must submit together:
1. One copy of this letter, including the Updated Information Chart in Appendix A.
Note: Visa exempt applicants using MyCIC are not required to submit a physical copy –please upload this information to your MyCIC account.

2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
Note: Visa exempt applicants using MyCIC are not required to submit a physical copy – please upload this information to your MyCIC account.

3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at:

www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
Note: All visa exempt applicants, including those using MyCIC, are required to mail/courier their photos. **Please ensure you clearly indicate your application number on the back of your photos. "

STEP 4: SEND DOCUMENTS
-For citizens not using MyCIC and of a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa to Canada (as determined in STEP 2 of this letter) – Via courier or mail directly to the London office.

Mail or courier your package to:
~address~
***PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT(S) TO THIS ADDRESS***

In your package, include a self-addressed envelope that is A4 size or larger (21cm x 30cm or 8.5” x 12”). Do not put stamps on your return envelope. Do not use a courier envelope as your return envelope. If your return address is in the UK, you may use a Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope that is large enough (keep a copy of the tracking number). For packages signed for on receipt at the High Commission, you may be able to track receipt via the website of the courier company.

· For citizens using MyCIC AND from a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa to Canada –
Please mail/courier only your photos (see ‘STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS’ above). All other information must be uploaded to your MyCIC account.

I states in step 3, option 1 and 2 need to be uploaded to MyCIC account, but as its been sent to my email, and myCIC account has not been updated so there is nowhere to upload the documents?? I understand I need to send my photos to London office but I don't want to do anything wrong if I cant upload the email letter and another image of my passport.

has anyone else been in similar situation?

Any help would be fantastic.
Thanks in advance.

Auriane

Jul 29, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
Doc's Request.
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-06-2017
Med's Done....
10-07-2017
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-09-2017
Hi! We are exactly in the same situation, there is nowhere to upload the photocopies of our passports. I wonder if it is a glitch or the account is not yet updated?

kiera43

Aug 26, 2017
Hi! We are exactly in the same situation, there is nowhere to upload the photocopies of our passports. I wonder if it is a glitch or the account is not yet updated?
Hey!!
Another user replied to me on another thread.
They uploaded there documents via a case specific enquiry on the web form. And also sent a hard copy of letter and photocopy of passport with their photos.
They got there COPR without any problems.

I did my CSE and uploaded online yesterday evening and I'm going to send my parcel with documents today.
I hope this helps!! Good luck :)

Reactions: jamison

Auriane

Jul 29, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
Doc's Request.
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-06-2017
Med's Done....
10-07-2017
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-09-2017
Hi!

It is very helpful thanks! I will do the same then if it works this way :)

Good luck to you too! Enjoy preparing your big move!

Reactions: jamison

Gwills

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
I know this thread is old but i am in the same situation however i didnt send the physical photocopy of passport only updated via ircc ..... do you think this will be okay ?