+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request(PPR) - Submit Passport in Canada despite applying in India

pari_p

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The problem still remains for people who are in Canada but spouses in India! I think whoever gets the passport requests next should try and email CPP-O about this spousal passport problem!

Well, thats what I am doing to do since the tickets are very expensive to go to India and come back at this point (>= $1800 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:)

Also, my spouse inquired with DHL yesterday they said the same thing, we can send it if you have letter from Canadian gov (assuming thats CPP-O asking for passports) and letter from Ministry of External Affairs (India). I dont even know how to get the letter from Ministry of External Affairs, they dont even allow us to talk to a person unless we have appointment (which are only available if you are applying for passport or visa services!!!!)

If anyone has gone through this please share your experience!

Thanks,
P

hparacha

Nov 4, 2012
my situation is different, I am overseas and I need to know how to send my passport to Canada and get it back

can90

Dec 26, 2013
Hi New2Can,

Can you please let us know the steps they asked to follow while submitting passport in India for stamping?
What all documents you submitted to VFS?
How many days it took to get them back?

Please reply its urgent

Thanks

esbex550

Jun 18, 2013
Currently in India.. Based in Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2012
Doc's Request.
06-11-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
10-1-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2012
Med's Request
07-10-2013
Med's Done....
22-10-2013
Interview........
waived....Decision Made 13-01-2014
Passport Req..
10-01-2014. Sent PP on 03-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2014. Received PP on 13-02-2014
LANDED..........
landing in April
pari_p said:
The problem still remains for people who are in Canada but spouses in India! I think whoever gets the passport requests next should try and email CPP-O about this spousal passport problem!

Well, thats what I am doing to do since the tickets are very expensive to go to India and come back at this point (>= $1800 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:)

Also, my spouse inquired with DHL yesterday they said the same thing, we can send it if you have letter from Canadian gov (assuming thats CPP-O asking for passports) and letter from Ministry of External Affairs (India). I dont even know how to get the letter from Ministry of External Affairs, they dont even allow us to talk to a person unless we have appointment (which are only available if you are applying for passport or visa services!!!!)

If anyone has gone through this please share your experience!

Thanks,
P
you havent received your MR yet??

Andy11

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2011
AOR Received.
11-05-2011
File Transfer...
Transferred to CPP Ottawa on July 2012 from Buffalo
Med's Request
30-09-2013
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
terki said:
to all,

those applied under CEC class pspt must be submitted to CPP - Ottawa although u choose NDVO

option 1 - send pspt with friend, relative alongwith indemnity letter / authorization
option 2 - apply trv with letter attached stating pstp rqst -

trv is granted for such a scenario

good luck all
Hi Terki,
i will be receiving passport request in next few weeks.
After receiving passport request Can i apply for TRV for my self (PA), my spouse and minor child?

Thanks,
Andy

Andy11

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2011
AOR Received.
11-05-2011
File Transfer...
Transferred to CPP Ottawa on July 2012 from Buffalo
Med's Request
30-09-2013
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
new2can said:
I replied to them on the email they sent to submit the passports to CIC Ottawa, Here is what i sent to them

=========================

Dear Sir/Madam,

UCI: <your UCI no>

Application: <your appl no?

In our Indian passports, its mentioned that " Passport should not be sent out of any country by post. It should be in custody either of the holder or of a person authorised by the holder."

Many of the courier companies are denying to send the passports outside India as they are saying it might get help up Indian Customs.

Could you please let me know if there is any alternative i.e., if i can get the Visa stamping done in CIC office in New Delhi, India? Please let me know what can be done in this situation.

Thanks.

Regards,
<Your Name>

================================
Hi New2Can,

Can you please also share their response to your email and the steps of how to submit passport to CIC, Delhi?

I am in the same situation like you. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy