+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request plz help

Lollipopjj

Jan 3, 2020
I got a passport request, the issue is my school started on january 6. I should get my passport back next week.
I have been writing to my advisor, he said I can still come to canada.
Do I need a letter of extension from the school saying I am authorised to start school late to show the officer at the airport ? What happens in my case ? I am afraid there will be issues at the border because of my LOA date, my advisor isn't really helpful

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
I got a passport request, the issue is my school started on january 6. I should get my passport back next week.
Do I need a letter of extension from the school saying I am authorised to start school late to show the officer at the airport ? What happens in my case ? I am afraid there will be issues at the border because of my LOA date, my advisor isn't really helpful
there wont be any issues they only see the offer letter and tuition receipt at the border just in case print the the email of the advisor in which he told you can come to canada join late

Lollipopjj

Jan 3, 2020
there wont be any issues they only see the offer letter and tuition receipt at the border just in case print the the email of the advisor in which he told you can come to canada join late
Alright, thank you ! I am so stressed about this

dudu2020

Dec 31, 2019
I have the same situation. I received passport request today. I sent my passport today. Class started at Seneca college on January 6th. The only difference is am already in Canada. Cos I came in with a visiting visa and applied for study permit. Though Seneca is saying is late to join class, that I might have to join September 2020 class. Am still waiting for a positive response from the admission advisor.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I have the same situation. I received passport request today. I sent my passport today. Class started at Seneca college on January 6th. The only difference is am already in Canada. Cos I came in with a visiting visa and applied for study permit. Though Seneca is saying is late to join class, that I might have to join September 2020 class. Am still waiting for a positive response from the admission advisor.
Could take another month or so from when you send your passport.

Lollipopjj

Jan 3, 2020
I am going to seneca college too. That is weird because my advisor sent me an email and said it's my decision if I want to come or defer. I am trying to follow my classes on the blackboard, so I have an idea of what they're doing in class.
If i get my passport back this week, i think I will go and attend classes next week. If not I will defer.
Your program doesn't have a may start ?

Last edited:

dudu2020

Dec 31, 2019
I am going to seneca college too. That is weird because my advisor sent me an email and said it's my decision if I want to come or defer. I am trying to follow my classes on the blackboard, so I have an idea of what they're doing in class.
If i get my passport back this week, i think I will go and attend classes next week. If not I will defer.
Your program doesn't have a may start ?
Oh that’s really nice. I was in school today. Will be starting classes tomorrow. What program are you coming in for? And what campus? I will be at the King Campus. Am going in for the BSCN Nursing collaborative/York University. Wish you all the best. And safe trip to Canada.

Lollipopjj

Jan 3, 2020
Oh that’s really nice. I was in school today. Will be starting classes tomorrow. What program are you coming in for? And what campus? I will be at the King Campus. Am going in for the BSCN Nursing collaborative/York University. Wish you all the best. And safe trip to Canada.
That's good to hear, I will be in the international business program
Newnham campus. Good luck in your studies !