+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request of OUTLAND spousal sponsorship application while spouse is IN Canada

segi2022

Mar 13, 2022
Hello folks,

I am in a situation where I applied for an OUTLAND sponsorship application for PR and received a passport request, but my spouse is here in Canada on visitor visa. So, how do I send a passport to New Delhi Visa Office for stamping? Or if there is way, we can do virtual landing. can you please tell me what are the option i have?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello folks,

I am in a situation where I applied for an OUTLAND sponsorship application for PR and received a passport request, but my spouse is here in Canada on visitor visa. So, how do I send a passport to New Delhi Visa Office for stamping? Or if there is way, we can do virtual landing. can you please tell me what are the option i have?
Had your spouse updated address upon arrival in Canada?

You contact IRCC via webform to advise spouse is in Canada, they should arrange virtual landing. This process can take some time (weeks even months).

You can also try calling IRCC and/or contacting MP, but likely won't speed things up.

If your spouse is / was planning to return to India, it's possible that will be faster, but not required.

Waiting4OT

Oct 24, 2022
The virtual landing process is taking a really long time these days. I managed to talked to IRCC on the phone and they said that once you are placed in the queue (which can take months after you send the webform), it could take a min of 2-3 weeks up to 2-3 months to get the PR portal credentials, and then another min of 2-3 weeks up to 2-3 months to get the eCOPR. Absolutely insane.

If I were you, I would try and figure out how long it's taking in India to get COPR after you send them the passport and see if that would be faster.

Also, a word of caution, once you are placed in the virtual landing queue, it becomes a hassle if you wanted to go back to India and do it there because they would have to do a cross country application transfer, which I heard from the IRCC rep that it can take months. So don't submit the webform unless you are willing to wait for virtual landing.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
they said that once you are placed in the queue (which can take months after you send the webform), it could take a min of 2-3 weeks up to 2-3 months to get the PR portal credentials, and then another min of 2-3 weeks up to 2-3 months to get the eCOPR. Absolutely insane.
The insane thing about this is that this is an area where the incompetency is 100% against all policy goals and needs right now.

We have an economy that is short of labour, and a pool of people who are almost all ready to work, but just need the government to get that piece of paper to them. Instead they wait months.
We have inflation that's hurting family budgets, and large numbers of families who can't get landed to get a second income - worsening both inflation and the budgets of families.
We have governments of all levels that would like/need more tax income, but people who can't work to get income tax, gst income, etc.
People who are already in country and hence basically in the health care system, but aren't allowed to work and pay taxes to help finance it.
And at least some of those people likely have medical training (or relatd support functions) when we have an acute shortage of staffing in the medical system.

And: of course, all of them are writing multiple webforms, calling mps, probably ordering gcms notes, when there is nothing to decide (approval already received), just IRCC can't get it together to finalize their virtual landings. Meaning even more of the inquiry systems for IRCC applicants are overloaded.