+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request Letter

MMMPPP

Feb 22, 2016
Hi,

I am in the process of sponsoring my spouse who lives in India. The file is in New Delhi and my spouse has recently received an email stating that "In order to finalize you application please mail you passport and photos".

From some previous readings I have done, I was lead to thinking that the Delhi office requests passports at an early stage in the application process. Is this true?

When my spouse checks his applications status on the CIC portal online it states "Decision Made" under the Permanent Residence Application Status. Does this imply that the application is approved and that the passport is request for stamping? or do we still have to wait months after sending the passport?

Not sure what to think...based on our status it seems the application is approved...but they are requesting the passport at such an early stage...is there still a long wait??

thank you!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
yes, if ECAS suggests DM, the PPR is generally the last stage of the process for those needing visas. Status would not be changed to DM unless it was approved. Applications can not be rejected unless there is an interview first or lack of response to document requests. So the sooner she gets her passport and pictures in, the sooner she'll get her COPR. Apparently New Dehli has been upping their game lately and doing really quick processing for some applications. I would recommend checking out the New Dehli thread for confirmation...