+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request Letter

katerinakam

Jan 8, 2015
Dear participants,

I would be thankful if someone could help me out in this case.. Has it happened to anyone that you have sent your passport to the embassy, but didn't enclose passport request letter? and what would you do in this case?

Thank you for information!

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Did they send you passport request letter?

katerinakam

Jan 8, 2015
yeah, they did.. but

i first received the letter that said that i have filled in medical request, but I don't need to do medicals unless i will work in restricted occupation. They asked me to confirm if i still need them and if not, i can send my passport to embassy what i did... 3 days later they have sent me an original passport request that I should have sent together with passport.. but passport is already on the way since I have sent it earlier as the first letter indicated

any suggestions what to do?

Kingo

Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LA USA online application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-5-2015 passed in 1/6/2015
Passport Req..
05-06-3015
VISA ISSUED...
sooon
LANDED..........
soon
send email specific case inquiry to the embassy and attach the request and mention the VAC tracking number

Kingo

Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LA USA online application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-5-2015 passed in 1/6/2015
Passport Req..
05-06-3015
VISA ISSUED...
sooon
LANDED..........
soon
in the worst case they will return it to vac without stamping and you can send it again but I think they will stamp it

jayesh009

Jan 12, 2015
I have received passport request today....

Is it that Visa has been approved??

Or is it a routine procedure??

himal015

Jan 30, 2015
Nepal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jayesh009 said:
I have received passport request today....

Is it that Visa has been approved??

Or is it a routine procedure??
congratulations !!!! They are asking your passport to issue visa.... enjoy the days

Pures Toro

Star Member
May 8, 2015
Dear Friend,

I am sure you got the information from our friends here on this platform.

I just want to sum it up for you.

Firstly that is an important piece of paper, you not sending it to CIC with your passport can delay your process. Secondly, that is the only way for CIC employees to recognize that your passport was requested. So now they will hold your passport and run an inquiry on who it belongs too and then mail it back to you. Unfortunately there is not time limit to this process, it can take a while before you get it back. The other consequence of this that you may have resend the application and pay again. There will be no refund to the amount you already spent. On the other hand, there is a possibility that you can reach one of the Case managers through telephone and explain the scenario. Maybe there is a faint chance they may actually help some one out for once and send your passport for stamping.

Hope this helps. The final decision is on the discretion of CIC and my point of view is through the best of my knowledge.

Best of Luck.

katerinakam

Jan 8, 2015
Thanks for information, but I didn't have any problems, my passport was returned to me with stamped visa in 8 days since I sent it..

My visa office told me it was not a problem, it just took them time to sort out the information and it is certainly not the only way for them to know that my passport was requested, they have it all in the system

sabret00the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC: Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Not relevant
App. Filed.......
12-Sep-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2015 (TRV Meds have not yet expired)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
There are 2 questions that I have. Would be great if experts/seniors can advise:

1. My Wife (Indian Citizen) who is in Canada as a Temp Worker has sent her Passport to CPC - Ottawa for PR Visa Stamping.
a. Can she ask for a "Landing" Appointment with CIC Office in Halifax now?
b. Should she wait for the Passport to get Stamped and returned to her and then get her "Landed Status" through Flagpoling? Is there any risk in Flagpoling?

2. I'm about to send my Passport to Delhi CIC office via VFS Global.
a. Do I need to travel to Canada within a specified time period i.e. Validity of the Stamped "Immigrant" Visa?

Sathiskumar

Jun 27, 2018
I have received the passport letter but I have doubt how can i check it's the true letter or the fake I need fast reply friends.