+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request Letter Question

jay96962

Feb 17, 2021
Good afternoon, I have just received a letter from IRCC, requesting my passport information.
I am already living in Canada and I was wondering that if I still need to submit my documents or not.

This is the part that confuses me. Step 4 says that if I am already residing in Canada, I am not required to submit my passport,
but does that mean that I just need to inform the office? or do I still have to send documents to the corresponding visa office?

Thank you

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

You must submit together:

1. One copy of this letter.

2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf. If you submit photos that do not meet the exact specifications, your package will be returned to you.

4. Completed and signed Appendix B form (enclosed).

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

All required documents must be submitted in one single package.

A) To submit your package while overseas:

Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee

For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit:

B) If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This is the part that confuses me. Step 4 says that if I am already residing in Canada, I am not required to submit my passport,
but does that mean that I just need to inform the office?

B) If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).
Seems pretty clear.

Reactions: Pryncess99