+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request Letter - Philippines

CanadianCitizen314

Mar 12, 2018
Has anyone here have had received an e-mail for a passport request letter during the pandemic in the Philippines?

In regards to the mail-in checklist the Visa Application Center requires? What were the documents they are saying that need to be enclosed with it the package?

Can anyone help me please! I've wasted 15 days trying to figure out all these already. And I have 15 days left now til I should send it out.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
It should be pretty straightforward. It's in your letter unless yours is different.... It would help if you posted it. You need to post direct questions. It shouldn't take 2 weeks to figure out the requirements.

macrice

Jan 2, 2021
Manila, Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
03-06-2020
AOR Received.
19-12-2020
Med's Request
15-01-2021
Passport Req..
01-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2021
Has anyone here have had received an e-mail for a passport request letter during the pandemic in the Philippines?

In regards to the mail-in checklist the Visa Application Center requires? What were the documents they are saying that need to be enclosed with it the package?

Can anyone help me please! I've wasted 15 days trying to figure out all these already. And I have 15 days left now til I should send it out.
You need your original passport and others accompanying you, you need the original email of PPR, a Canadian passport photo x2 w/ label on the back, cheque for the specific package for VFS they only accept courier no walk in, Checklist for mail in-applications and the consent form from VFS, and the Appendix B that is attached on the PPR email.

This is the instruction email I got from VFS/canada manila

Please note that if you have received the passport request letter from IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) you must submit your passport by mail or by courier only as the Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) is not accepting walk-in applicants due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Please put all the documents together in one envelope. You may use our courier partner which is LBC Express to send the documents to the Visa Application Centre. For returning the passport once processed, please avail of a one-way courier service using a manager cheque.

Please note that processing times will be determined by the Canadian Embassy after receiving the package at that end.

Documents to be submitted:

If the link doesn't work, kindly follow the steps below:

For VFS Consent Form:

1. Visit the website: www.vfsglobal.com
2. On the website, kindly select “Philippines” for the country of applying for and Canada for the country you're going to
3. Look for the "Apply for a visa" tab, and then click on "Start now"
4. Look for number 1, "Identify visa type" and click on View More
5. Scroll down a little, look for the VFS Consent Form link

For CVAC Mail-in Checklist:

2. On the website, kindly select “Philippines” for the country of applying for and Canada for the country you're going to
4. Click on the "Apply by mail" tab
5. Look for number 2, "Begin your Application" and click View More
6. Scroll down then look for number 2 wherein you can see the CVAC Mail-in Application Checklist

• Manager’s cheque under the payee name of VFS Services Philippines Private Inc. Payment should be in Philippine peso and in exact amount only.
  • Please check the passport request letter for some requirements needed by the Canadian Embassy and attach a piece of paper then write the full name, mobile number and return mailing address of the applicant.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have provided biometrics at the Canada Visa Application Centre in Manila with the current application and will submit the passport to the same CVAC which is Manila, the package transmission fee is waived off. However, if the biometrics is collected from a different Canada Visa Application Centre, a package transmission fee of 500.00 will apply.

If you have provided biometrics at the Canada Visa Application Centre in Cebu with the current application and will submit the passport to the same CVAC which is Cebu, the package transmission fee is waived off. However, if the biometrics is collected from a different Canada Visa Application Centre, a package transmission fee of 500.00 will apply.

Kindly note that if the Applicant is 13 years old and below or 80 years old and above, they are not required to provide “Biometrics”. In line with that, the package transmission fee will apply. Also, if the Applicant provides biometrics with their old application and applied for a new one, the package transmission fee will apply once they are requested by the Canadian Embassy to submit their passport.

Please be informed that due to the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak, all passports will only be returned using the courier services offered by the Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) for 359.00 (10% discounted price per person) as other couriers may not be liable to the contents of the envelope. The SMS option for 119.00 is a helpful tool that keeps you updated on your package status. All our services can be included in one manager's cheque with the total amount.

Addresses to post the documents:

Manila
Visa Application Centre
VFS Services Phils. Pvt. Inc., 29th Floor,
The World Center Bldg, 330 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue,
Makati City, Philippines

Cebu
VFS Services Phils. Pvt. Inc.,
9th Floor Unit 905 Kepwealth Center,
Samar Loop Cor. Cardinal Rosales Avenue,
Cebu Business Park, Cebu City 6000, Philippines

Please feel free to get in touch with us in case of further information on your Canada Visa Application. You may choose to contact us via email on info.canman@vfshelpline.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

You may call our Canada Visa Information Helpline on: +63 2 8528 2505 between 9:00 am to 17:00 pm and Monday to Friday or chat with our agent by visiting our website given below.
In our constant efforts to enhance the customer satisfaction level we request you to send us your valuable feedback on the response provided. Please click below on this link to give feedback on the Email services,
https://www.vfsglobalcustomerexperience-ca.com/VOA/FeedbackWeb/Index?formID=7&countryID=67&missionID=7

Best regards,
----------
VFS Canada Visa Information Service Centre – Philippines
----------
VFS GLOBAL
EST. 2001 | Partnering Governments. Providing Solutions.

For more information please visit our website www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/philippines
----------

Last edited:
Reactions: hbenu

CanadianCitizen314

Mar 12, 2018
It should be pretty straightforward. It's in your letter unless yours is different.... It would help if you posted it. You need to post direct questions. It shouldn't take 2 weeks to figure out the requirements.
actually the email only required passport, the request letter, the photos and appendix plus of course the cheque for payment. that's it! it's too confusing that the application center needs more than that.

CanadianCitizen314

Mar 12, 2018
You need your original passport and others accompanying you, you need the original email of PPR, a Canadian passport photo x2 w/ label on the back, cheque for the specific package for VFS they only accept courier no walk in, Checklist for mail in-applications and the consent form from VFS, and the Appendix B that is attached on the PPR email.

This is the instruction email I got from VFS/canada manila

Please note that if you have received the passport request letter from IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) you must submit your passport by mail or by courier only as the Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) is not accepting walk-in applicants due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Please put all the documents together in one envelope. You may use our courier partner which is LBC Express to send the documents to the Visa Application Centre. For returning the passport once processed, please avail of a one-way courier service using a manager cheque.

Please note that processing times will be determined by the Canadian Embassy after receiving the package at that end.

Documents to be submitted:

If the link doesn't work, kindly follow the steps below:

For VFS Consent Form:

4. Look for number 1, "Identify visa type" and click on View More
5. Scroll down a little, look for the VFS Consent Form link

For CVAC Mail-in Checklist:

4. Click on the "Apply by mail" tab
5. Look for number 2, "Begin your Application" and click View More
6. Scroll down then look for number 2 wherein you can see the CVAC Mail-in Application Checklist

• Manager’s cheque under the payee name of VFS Services Philippines Private Inc. Payment should be in Philippine peso and in exact amount only.
  • Please check the passport request letter for some requirements needed by the Canadian Embassy and attach a piece of paper then write the full name, mobile number and return mailing address of the applicant.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have provided biometrics at the Canada Visa Application Centre in Manila with the current application and will submit the passport to the same CVAC which is Manila, the package transmission fee is waived off. However, if the biometrics is collected from a different Canada Visa Application Centre, a package transmission fee of 500.00 will apply.

If you have provided biometrics at the Canada Visa Application Centre in Cebu with the current application and will submit the passport to the same CVAC which is Cebu, the package transmission fee is waived off. However, if the biometrics is collected from a different Canada Visa Application Centre, a package transmission fee of 500.00 will apply.

Kindly note that if the Applicant is 13 years old and below or 80 years old and above, they are not required to provide “Biometrics”. In line with that, the package transmission fee will apply. Also, if the Applicant provides biometrics with their old application and applied for a new one, the package transmission fee will apply once they are requested by the Canadian Embassy to submit their passport.

Please be informed that due to the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak, all passports will only be returned using the courier services offered by the Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) for 359.00 (10% discounted price per person) as other couriers may not be liable to the contents of the envelope. The SMS option for 119.00 is a helpful tool that keeps you updated on your package status. All our services can be included in one manager's cheque with the total amount.

Addresses to post the documents:

Manila
Visa Application Centre
VFS Services Phils. Pvt. Inc., 29th Floor,
The World Center Bldg, 330 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue,
Makati City, Philippines

Cebu
VFS Services Phils. Pvt. Inc.,
9th Floor Unit 905 Kepwealth Center,
Samar Loop Cor. Cardinal Rosales Avenue,
Cebu Business Park, Cebu City 6000, Philippines

Please feel free to get in touch with us in case of further information on your Canada Visa Application. You may choose to contact us via email on info.canman@vfshelpline.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

You may call our Canada Visa Information Helpline on: +63 2 8528 2505 between 9:00 am to 17:00 pm and Monday to Friday or chat with our agent by visiting our website given below.
In our constant efforts to enhance the customer satisfaction level we request you to send us your valuable feedback on the response provided. Please click below on this link to give feedback on the Email services,
https://www.vfsglobalcustomerexperience-ca.com/VOA/FeedbackWeb/Index?formID=7&countryID=67&missionID=7

Best regards,
----------
VFS Canada Visa Information Service Centre – Philippines
----------
VFS GLOBAL
EST. 2001 | Partnering Governments. Providing Solutions.

For more information please visit our website www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/philippines
----------

yeah, i got the same response when i inquired to them. but actually the email from immigration only required passport, the request letter, the photos and appendix b plus of course the cheque for payment. that's it! it's too confusing that the application center needs more than that.

macrice

Jan 2, 2021
Manila, Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
03-06-2020
AOR Received.
19-12-2020
Med's Request
15-01-2021
Passport Req..
01-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2021
yeah, i got the same response when i inquired to them. but actually the email from immigration only required passport, the request letter, the photos and appendix b plus of course the cheque for payment. that's it! it's too confusing that the application center needs more than that.
Aside from those from the email, submit the VFS consent form, its better to be safe than sorry.

yournamehere

Aug 27, 2021
Hi, I also got my passport request letter but in the option of where to send it, it said to send it to VAC New York but we have a VFS office here in Cebu. I'm wondering if I can just send it here in Cebu

JermZ

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Hi, I also got my passport request letter but in the option of where to send it, it said to send it to VAC New York but we have a VFS office here in Cebu. I'm wondering if I can just send it here in Cebu
Hi there. Did you send it in Cebu? How long did it take until they returned your passport? Thank you

jcs07

Feb 4, 2019

Hello, would you be able to share what documents you provided for #1 item on the CVAC checklist? I am having difficulty as well trying to figure it out. Thank you in advance! :)

please see screenshot