+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request letter (Outside Canada)

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Did you return to the US after submitting the documents? I will be in a similar situation but will be in Seattle, a driving distance from Canada. Did you update your address to your US address?
Yes, I am in Canada now. sent the docs to IRCC and waiting on them.
I am hoping to get some response but I am scared that it may take months for them to get back to me on it.

I will update the forum as soon as I get any reply. so, it can help other ppl to take the decision based on my experience.

Reactions: ahmedsisy

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
It sounds inevitable to take the oath ceremony in Canada not from outside .. but in my opinion the question is what should be the best answer for the officer's request in this case ? Should you go back to Canada as soon as possible and wait for the oath letter (maybe for months)? Or better to give them a tentative date that is convenient for you to go back, risking a longer delay in processing your file ?
There are no right or wrong answers. Depends on what you are after. If you are living/working outside Canada, can you take that time off, stay in Canada till you get your certificate / passport? Might be a lot simpler if you work remotely and can manage.

ahmedsisy

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
There are no right or wrong answers. Depends on what you are after. If you are living/working outside Canada, can you take that time off, stay in Canada till you get your certificate / passport? Might be a lot simpler if you work remotely and can manage.
Thanks for your comment.
I didn't mean to lie about it of course .. I meant what the best thing to be done is ?.. I believe that the problem in the main post of this thread is like mine .. we can go back to Canada but with a sacrifice of time and money.. the less we sacrifice time and money while waiting for the oath letter is better for us in my humble opinion.

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Yes, I am in Canada now. sent the docs to IRCC and waiting on them.
I am hoping to get some response but I am scared that it may take months for them to get back to me on it.

I will update the forum as soon as I get any reply. so, it can help other ppl to take the decision based on my experience.
Hi all,

Circling back to my post above and hoping this will give you all an opportunity to take wise decision, unlike I did.

After getting the Request Letter from IRCC to send the passport, documents and Boarding pass etc.., only WHEN YOU RETURN TO CANADA...

I rushed to Canada within a day and sent all info to IRCC as per the instructions in the letter. Hoping they want me in Canada so they can give me Oath Date as I applied for Urgent processing.

I waited for over 15 days or more but no reply or updates on application. I was continuously trying to reach out to IRCC over phone but no luck.

Finally, today I was able to get hold of an agent and she confirmed that my documents were received and my urgent request was denied.
Also, when asked, if she has a timeframe on my application she gave same new policy "it may take upto 27 months to get oath date from the date you applied to the date you get your oath"....
When questioned why I was ask to return to Canada - she had no answer but added that I can travel if I wish...... :-(

So in short rushing to Canada after the letter was received, was NOT a good idea.

So BEAWARE when you get these type of letters. Think and communicate to IRCC about your availability and situation and don't rush.
I hope this post will help to ppl who got such pointless letters from IRCC.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hi all,

Circling back to my post above and hoping this will give you all an opportunity to take wise decision, unlike I did.

After getting the Request Letter from IRCC to send the passport, documents and Boarding pass etc.., only WHEN YOU RETURN TO CANADA...

I rushed to Canada within a day and sent all info to IRCC as per the instructions in the letter. Hoping they want me in Canada so they can give me Oath Date as I applied for Urgent processing.

I waited for over 15 days or more but no reply or updates on application. I was continuously trying to reach out to IRCC over phone but no luck.

Finally, today I was able to get hold of an agent and she confirmed that my documents were received and my urgent request was denied.
Also, when asked, if she has a timeframe on my application she gave same new policy "it may take upto 27 months to get oath date from the date you applied to the date you get your oath"....
When questioned why I was ask to return to Canada - she had no answer but added that I can travel if I wish...... :-(

So in short rushing to Canada after the letter was received, was NOT a good idea.

So BEAWARE when you get these type of letters. Think and communicate to IRCC about your availability and situation and don't rush.
They couldn't care less.

MissJustice

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
BC
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
Nomination.....
05-2017
AOR Received.
08-2017
Med's Request
01-04-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
Hi all,

So sorry you had to go through this..

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
So sorry you had to go through this..
Thank you all for the support. This forum became my hangout place and it enable me to share my experience and frustrations with IRCC.

I want to inform you all that I got my Oath ceremony date for May 6th. Finally the wait is about to complete.
I wish the best for u all. I m available if I can be of any assistance.
:)

MissJustice

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
BC
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
Nomination.....
05-2017
AOR Received.
08-2017
Med's Request
01-04-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
Thank you all for the support. This forum became my hangout place and it enable me to share my experience and frustrations with IRCC.

I want to inform you all that I got my Oath ceremony date for May 6th. Finally the wait is about to complete.
I wish the best for u all. I m available if I can be of any assistance.
:)
Yay! I am very happy for you :)

mannroit

May 12, 2022
Hello!

I have passed my citizenship test online OUTSIDE Canada in December'21.
I've just received a letter requesting copies of all passport pages as well as evidence of exit and return to Canada.
They want me to send this once returned to Canada, however I am dealing with family matters in my home country and I'm afraid I won't be able to return soon.

The only step left in my application is taking the oath at the ceremony.

anybody in the same situation?
How can I request to take the oath outside Canada?

I am in the same situation. They sent me the letter stating to send the documents after I return to Canada. I sent the documents on March 25th and still waiting. My portal hasn't been updated since December. Will update if I get something.

mannroit

May 12, 2022
Hi all,

Hello,

Thank you for this. I have a question for you

She said 27 months but realistically how many months it took for you the entire process? Coz I saw you mentioned you got your oath letter.

Thanks!

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Hello,

Thank you for this. I have a question for you

She said 27 months but realistically how many months it took for you the entire process? Coz I saw you mentioned you got your oath letter.

Thanks!
Hi, it took around 14 months for me. :)
All the best!

rishisingh86

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Similar place for me as well, thought they didnt mention anything about sending the documents while being inside Canada. Today my background check went from 'Completed' to 'In Progress' for the 3rd time :cool:

Its going to be 38 months for me since I submitted my application :p

Reactions: Dreamlad

w3rlgn

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
I just got an update on my ECAS saying I’ve been scheduled for an interview in June!
this is 2 months after sending me a Request for my passports stamped pages.
anyone know what I’m in for? Any questions I should be prepared to answer?

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
I just got an update on my ECAS saying I’ve been scheduled for an interview in June!
this is 2 months after sending me a Request for my passports stamped pages.
anyone know what I’m in for? Any questions I should be prepared to answer?
I would suggest not to hide any material fact. That's it.

petloy

Jan 21, 2013
Hi

when we take pictures of our passport pages to submit, can we take 2 pages in one picture? Or do we need to take 1 page per picture?

thanks
Peter