+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request Letter Expired

May 3, 2019
Hi folks,

I had a problem: My mother-in-law applied in August 2019 for a Visitor Visa, but she totally forgot about it and didn't check if it was approved. Today, my wife and I log into her account and her application actually was approved but her passport request letter was already expired. What could we do in this case?

BGJ81

Apr 18, 2022
Hi folks,

I had a problem: My mother-in-law applied in August 2019 for a Visitor Visa, but she totally forgot about it and didn't check if it was approved. Today, my wife and I log into her account and her application actually was approved but her passport request letter was already expired. What could we do in this case?
I am in a same situation. My parent's passport request expired almost 2 months ago. What happened in your case?

Winner_

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
Hi folks,

I think you need to pursue the PPR within 30 days of approval. Else its considered as cancelled and you will have to re-apply

Winner_

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
Is there any way to get a new letter as visitor visa is approved
I dont think so, because the visa was approved based on the situation of the applicant at the time of previous application and current situation might have to be evaluated again as far as I know.

BGJ81

Apr 18, 2022
Did you get this resolved. I am in the same situation and not finding any help online
We applied with the same letter and got the visa . Due to earlier COVID situation they were accepting expired letters for issuing visa stamp.

Reactions: HBA25