+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request Letter but Medicals not Updated yet?

May 31, 2023
Hi, so I just got my passport request letter, fyi im applying for study permit for an exchange semester to Canada.

I did my medical checkup 3 days ago, and I am not sure whether it has been submitted nor approved, it doesn't show on the portal...

So, I was wondering what this means? Could it be possible that the portal is lagging or something?

xuckless

Jun 10, 2023
Category........
STUDY
You can ask the place you gave your medical in if your report has been sent to IRCC or if they had any problems with it. IRCC portal has been bugging for a few days, so that could also be an issue.

As you have your Passport Request you should now be cleared for the stamping.

Canatry

Feb 25, 2023
Yeah, it happens. I've seen many people state that their medicals never got updated even after getting a PPR. As long as you got a PPR, you are good to go as the poster above stated.

dxtni

Star Member
Apr 11, 2023
You Got your PPR, just submit your passport and get it stamped. Have the Medical Documents in hand when travelling just in case.

Xweix89

May 26, 2023
Hi
Hi, so I just got my passport request letter, fyi im applying for study permit for an exchange semester to Canada.

I did my medical checkup 3 days ago, and I am not sure whether it has been submitted nor approved, it doesn't show on the portal...

So, I was wondering what this means? Could it be possible that the portal is lagging or something?
Hi Alex

I’m also applying study permit from Singapore Office, could you share your timeline? I was applying on late April 23 but done My medical upfront, hopes to get the good news soon. I also stuck at background check now.

May 31, 2023
Hi

Hi Alex

I’m also applying study permit from Singapore Office, could you share your timeline? I was applying on late April 23 but done My medical upfront, hopes to get the good news soon. I also stuck at background check now.
Apr 3 - Submitted
Apr 4 - Did Biometrics
Apr 6 - Biometrics Updated
June 5 - Medical Request
June 7 - Did my Medicals
June 10 - Passport Request

Just asked my medical centre, they submitted my medicals on June 13

So total about 9-10 weeks which was the avg processing time (9 weeks) when I submitted.

I also sent in a webform in which they replied and updated with my medical request, so I would say the webform rlly helps, but I don't think they bother replying if ur application is not over the avg processing time.

WAY4588

Jul 8, 2023
Apr 3 - Submitted
Apr 4 - Did Biometrics
Apr 6 - Biometrics Updated
June 5 - Medical Request
June 7 - Did my Medicals
June 10 - Passport Request

Just asked my medical centre, they submitted my medicals on June 13

So total about 9-10 weeks which was the avg processing time (9 weeks) when I submitted.

I also sent in a webform in which they replied and updated with my medical request, so I would say the webform rlly helps, but I don't think they bother replying if ur application is not over the avg processing time.
Hey alex, how long did it take for them to return your passport after you submitted it to them?

MARY2007

Nov 13, 2023
thanks guys! i just submitted my passport today, hope all goes well :)

I also facing the same issue
Any update

Nov 30, 2023

Hii Alex

My medical didn't get updated in the gc key but my application (SOWP) is approved. I got my PPR and got my Visa Stamping too. I'm going to travel soon (Dec 4th).

Upfront medical - 25th Aug
Submitted - Oct 11th
Biometrics updated - 18th Oct
Approved - 3rd Nov
PPR sent to New Delhi - Nov 11th
Passport Stamping done - Nov 22nd

Is it possible for me to travel. Will there be any problem at the immigration.

Even I was wondering, the portal shows that "you don't need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes". What does that mean?

Nov 30, 2023
Yeah, it happens. I've seen many people state that their medicals never got updated even after getting a PPR. As long as you got a PPR, you are good to go as the poster above stated.
Hii Canatry

My medical didn't get upated in the gc key but my application (SOWP) is approved. I got my PPR and got my Visa Stamping too. I'm going to travel soon (Dec 4th).

Submitted - Oct 11th
Approved - 3rd Nov

Even I was wondering, the portal shows that "you don't need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes". What does that mean?

I even called the hospital staff where I gave my medicals. They told me that they had submitted my medicals to the immigration.

I'm just worried...

Nov 30, 2023
I also facing the same issue
Any update
Hiii Mary

My medical didn't get upated in the gc key but my application (SOWP) is approved. I got my PPR and got my Visa Stamping too. I'm going to travel soon (Dec 4th).

Submitted - Oct 11th
Approved - 3rd Nov

I even called the hospital staff where I gave my medicals. They told me that they had submitted my medicals to the immigration.

I'm just worried...