+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request letter asked from main applicant but not the spouse

MA2000

Feb 7, 2018
@MA2000
@Nsur123
@pari7896

Hey how did it go with you?
I applied study permits for 2 of my children, in the same time using my account.

The 2nd one only received a passport request, Shall I send a case specific query? Or I have to wait?
Hi,

We decided to wait for a week before sending a case speicific query. Finally after about a week's time, we decided to send a case specific enquiry, however the same day the passport request letter came for the second applicant too. We sent both the passports together then.

I remember reading somewhere on this forum that in atleast one case it took one and a half month before the second applicant got the passport request letter.

Best of luck

sangeo

Jan 28, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am in the same situation. Can somebody let me know what I have to do. I applied for both my father and mother. My father (prime applicant ) got the passport request but my mother didnt. Can somebody share their experience?

MA2000

Feb 7, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am in the same situation. Can somebody let me know what I have to do. I applied for both my father and mother. My father (prime applicant ) got the passport request but my mother didnt. Can somebody share their experience?
Hey I am quite sure that your mother will get the passport request letter in a few days. I would suggest you to wait for 10 - 15 days and then submit both the passports together.

sangeo

Jan 28, 2017
Hey I am quite sure that your mother will get the passport request letter in a few days. I would suggest you to wait for 10 - 15 days and then submit both the passports together.
Thanks for your response. Hope i get her passport request too. I am not sure if i can send both (mom and dad) of their passport together? if am not getting her passport request update!

MA2000

Feb 7, 2018
Thanks for your response. Hope i get her passport request too. I am not sure if i can send both (mom and dad) of their passport together? if am not getting her passport request update!
My parents submitted their passports together. My mother had to wait around 7 days before she got the passport request letter. I think this is a common procedure that the the primary applicant gets the passport request letter earlier. Since your father will have around 30 days to submit his passport, he can wait for a few days.

After receiving the passport request letter for my father, we decided to get my mother's passport renewed in the meanwhile. At that time, my mother had a passport validity of 7 years so we thought we can get it renewed (10 years) so that she can get a visa for 10 years. My mother got her renewed passport in around 10 days and she received the passport request letter within that time too. That worked out quite well actually.

sangeo

Jan 28, 2017
My parents submitted their passports together. My mother had to wait around 7 days before she got the passport request letter. I think this is a common procedure that the the primary applicant gets the passport request letter earlier. Since your father will have around 30 days to submit his passport, he can wait for a few days.

After receiving the passport request letter for my father, we decided to get my mother's passport renewed in the meanwhile. At that time, my mother had a passport validity of 7 years so we thought we can get it renewed (10 years) so that she can get a visa for 10 years. My mother got her renewed passport in around 10 days and she received the passport request letter within that time too. That worked out quite well actually.
Thanks a lot for your response. Can I renew it for my father? . He has got only 3 years. I dont know how long does it take in India to do that.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks a lot for your response. Can I renew it for my father? . He has got only 3 years. I dont know how long does it take in India to do that.
No, your dad cannot apply for a new passport. He can apply only when the current passport is about 1 year from expiry

MA2000

Feb 7, 2018
You can perhaps call and ask your local passport office if they renew the passport in such situations.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You can perhaps call and ask your local passport office if they renew the passport in such situations.
The Indian passport re-issue rules are clear on this. The OP's dad cannot apply for new passport earlier than one year from the expiry of his current passport

Rajucanada2018

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Hi Guys,

**************************************************************************************************************************888
Hello,
My mother super visa passport request almost three week ago but My father have not got passport request yet. I sent IRCC web form for updates but no reply yet. I am worry about my father super visa.