+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request Just Arrived

mehmeh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2007
Hi there,

We finally got a notification that my mom's permanent resident visa is now ready to be issued. The letter was sent to my address here in Canada where my mom is presently staying with me as a visitor, but the passport, as per instruction from the letter, was to be submitted to Canada Embassy in the Philippines. And the validity of her initial entry to Canada is only until Sept. 2013.

I am wondering if any one has the same situation as ours?

I already sent a letter to CPP Ottawa to ask if we can submit the passport here in Canada and we're still waiting for their response. I just don't know if I should also send a letter to Canada Embassy in the Philippines since the letter head used was from them but the letter was actually sent from Canada?

Kind regards,

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Hi! We thought we were going to be in that situation, and had it ended up that way, we were just going to courier to CEM via DHL. We considered sending it with someone going back to PH for a visit but realized we would rather entrust it to a courier rather than put that responsibility on a 'friend'.

Think you will wait a LOOONNNNG time for a reply to that letter.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
mehmeh said:
Hi there,

We finally got a notification that my mom's permanent resident visa is now ready to be issued. The letter was sent to my address here in Canada where my mom is presently staying with me as a visitor, but the passport, as per instruction from the letter, was to be submitted to Canada Embassy in the Philippines. And the validity of her initial entry to Canada is only until Sept. 2013.

I am wondering if any one has the same situation as ours?

I already sent a letter to CPP Ottawa to ask if we can submit the passport here in Canada and we're still waiting for their response. I just don't know if I should also send a letter to Canada Embassy in the Philippines since the letter head used was from them but the letter was actually sent from Canada?

Kind regards,
Was your file in Philippines or CPP-O? if Philippines then you cannot change office for submission, if CPP-O, they should let you mail it to Ottawa

mehmeh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2007
The application was initially submitted in the Philippines. But while my mom is on a tour here in Canada, it was CPP-Ottawa who notified her to do her medical. And we also received a letter from them stating "further medical info is required before a decision can be reached". My mom did comply with everything they required. So we were expecting it will be CPP-Ottawa who will grant her PR visa. Since my mom was already in Canada, and because the passport request was sent from here even though the letter head used was from Canada Embassy in the Philippines, we thought we can submit the passport to Ottawa instead of sending it abroad.

I heard some other cases, they got their PR visa approved while in Canada, they just cross the border and came back to become a landed immigrant.

mehmeh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2007
::) ooops, I suddenly realized actually I submitted my sponsorship application to CPC-Mississauga and likewise for my mom's PR application, so I guess we can submit my mom's passport to CPP, hope I am right :)

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
All parents application got to CPP- Mississagua for approval, then they trasnfer file to either CPP-O or LVO ( Loval Visa Office ) that is - Philippines for

If your file was processed in Philippines, the passport has to go there. When a parent is in Canada, the meds come from Ottawa ( happened to me too ) from Client-update-mise-a-jour @ cic.gc.ca

The file was processed in CPP-O throughout, then CPP-O Request PP to be sent to Ottawa, if the request came from Philippines, the PP needs to be sent to Manila

You can inquire in Family Sponsorship, Manila Thread but either way the letter should tell you where to send PP

Only 1 case I have seen where CPP-O and LVO were involved, where CPP-O sent file to LVO for some info and then back to them

Once the passport is stamped, then your parents can flagpole

You can send urgent email to CPP-O and confirm this too

mehmeh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2007
Thanks for all you inputs =)

Yes, I already sent an urgent email to CPP-Ottawa and still waiting for their reply.

kenyatta

Star Member
May 8, 2011
hi Mehmeh did cic ask for any financial information optionc etc from you after your mom did her medical

mehmeh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2007
Hi everyone, I'm back :)

Got great news to share.....at last, my mom finally got her passport back today attached her immigrant visa! Since i told CPP my mom is presently here in the country on her tourist visa, they then instructed us to send her passport to Ottawa instead of sending it abroad so that save us a lot of hustle. Thank God, the long wait is finally over =)

@ Kenyatta, sorry for late reply, to answer your question....no, after the medical, we were not ask for any option C or financial info.

Good luck to all of you!

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
mehmeh said:
Hi everyone, I'm back :)

Got great news to share.....at last, my mom finally got her passport back today attached her immigrant visa! Since i told CPP my mom is presently here in the country on her tourist visa, they then instructed us to send her passport to Ottawa instead of sending it abroad so that save us a lot of hustle. Thank God, the long wait is finally over =)

@ Kenyatta, sorry for late reply, to answer your question....no, after the medical, we were not ask for any option C or financial info.

Good luck to all of you!
Hi mehmeh,

how long did it take to sponsor your mom?

mehmeh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2007
My parent sponsorship application time line is as follows:

- Application received on Feb. 10/09.

- Processing application started on June 25, 2013.

- Medical results have been received.

- Passport request received July 8/13

- Sent passport to CPP July 11/13

- Visa issued July 19/13

- Passport returned Aug. 1/13

we were given two options on where to land, either cross the border or set an appointment with Citizenship and Immigration Office, I wonder if I will be allowed to accompany my mom if we decided to go to an office, has anybody ever had experienced landing in a C/I office?

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
mehmeh said:
My parent sponsorship application time line is as follows:

- Application received on Feb. 10/09.

- Processing application started on June 25, 2013.

- Medical results have been received.

- Passport request received July 8/13

- Sent passport to CPP July 11/13

- Visa issued July 19/13

- Passport returned Aug. 1/13

we were given two options on where to land, either cross the border or set an appointment with Citizenship and Immigration Office, I wonder if I will be allowed to accompany my mom if we decided to go to an office, has anybody ever had experienced landing in a C/I office?
Congratulations; thanks for responding :)

Dan_from_Surrey

Nov 5, 2010
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
Doc's Request.
Submitted with app
AOR Received.
Sponsorship approval 24-10-12
File Transfer...
24-10-12
Med's Request
Meds received 1-11-12
Med's Done....
15-08-2012 - Meds re-done 24-10-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-06-2013 DM 04-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013!
Congrats to you and your mom! Man is sounds like you had a very long waiting time. You are a credit to patience!