+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request for Paper application

Anish-d05

Jun 7, 2018
Hello! I have applied through paper application at vfs delhi on may 11. I’ve linked my application online to gckey. My final decision says your application was approved and received original passport request message. But already submitted passport while applying. Why did i receive passport request when already submitted? Anyone who faced or is facing issue like this or has any idea about this?

Reactions: Sunshine_12

Sunshine_12

Jun 1, 2018
Hello! I have applied through paper application at vfs delhi on may 11. I’ve linked my application online to gckey. My final decision says your application was approved and received original passport request message. But already submitted passport while applying. Why did i receive passport request when already submitted? Anyone who faced or is facing issue like this or has any idea about this?
Hi. Congratulations. Can you please share your profile with us? Your marks, percentage, IELTS score etc?

Anish-d05

Jun 7, 2018
Hi. Congratulations. Can you please share your profile with us? Your marks, percentage, IELTS score etc?
Hi! Applied on may 11th through consultant, offline application at vfs, New Delhi.
Applied for Vancouver film school in Film production course
10-85%
12-93%
Btech-70%
IELTS- 7.0

Siddharth Sareen

Jan 26, 2018
HEY CAN U PLZ TELL ME HOW TO LINK UR PAPER APPLICATION WITH GCKEY??

aayush376

May 10, 2018
Hi congratulations and don't worry same thing happened with one more person on this forum just call vfs to confirm that they have sent your passport to the high commission or not . Most probably delhi embassy already has your passport.

Reactions: Anish-d05

Anish-d05

Jun 7, 2018
HEY CAN U PLZ TELL ME HOW TO LINK UR PAPER APPLICATION WITH GCKEY??
This might be helpful

1. Create a MyCIC account.

Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
If you have an account at one of the partner institutions listed on the page, you can use your credentials from there to sign in. If not, then create a new account.
2. Set up a GCKey account.

Bookmark the CIC sign-in page as this same page is used both to set up a new MyCIC account and to sign-in to your account once you have created one.
Click on the 'Continue to GCKey' button.
In the sign-in screen, click on the 'Sign Up' button on the right.
Pick a username, password, and recovery information.
3. Link your application to your MyCIC account.

Disclaimer: This part has been tricky and inconsistent for different users. To link your account, you have to enter a particular combination of information, and that set of information seems to vary person by person.

Log in to your MyCIC account (described above) in the ‘Welcome to GCKey’ screen.
In the ‘Welcome XXXX’ screen, click on the Continue button.
In the ‘Terms and Conditions’ screen, click the ‘I Accept’ button.
In the ‘Identity Validations’ screen, you are asked one of your security questions. Answer it and click on the ‘Continue’ button.
In your CIC Account screen, scroll down to the headings marked ‘Link an existing application to this account’ and click on the ‘Link application to this account’ button.

Anish-d05

Jun 7, 2018
Hi congratulations and don't worry same thing happened with one more person on this forum just call vfs to confirm that they have sent your passport to the high commission or not . Most probably delhi embassy already has your passport.
Thank you and hopefully its with them. Will contact them and find out the details.

bhavnabhavna

May 31, 2018
Hi, i am in the same situation. Recieved letter on my CIC acc on 7th June. :/ have contacted VFS and have also submitted a letter to the high commission stating I had submitted my original passport at the time of application itself. let me knw if you have any update, will do the same if I recieve any. :)

manju1752

May 2, 2018
Hi, i am in the same situation. Recieved letter on my CIC acc on 7th June. :/ have contacted VFS and have also submitted a letter to the high commission stating I had submitted my original passport at the time of application itself. let me knw if you have any update, will do the same if I recieve any. :)
when did u applied

patial4

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
mine also same situation..