+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request for Outland Dependents Question

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Hello all,

I am an inland applicant with my dependents overseas. I received the passport request with the first few lines per below. My interpretation of the below is the I should submit my overseas dependents passport to Ottawa within 30 days only after I receive my permanent residence as the primary applicant.

Can anyone let me know when they submit their overseas dependents passports.

Thanks.

Note from the processing office

As the principal applicant, you will be contacted directly by your local IRCC office and scheduled for a landing interview. The below instructions are for your overseas dependant(s) only. All instructions and due dates are to be followed by your dependent(s) only once you (the principal applicant) have become a permanent resident in Canada.

Dear XXXX,

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

Last edited:

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
send them a mail.. and they will move it to local office

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
send them a mail.. and they will move it to local office
No the VO is not the issue. My dependents is in the USA so sending the passport to Ottawa is not the problem. My question is if my overseas dependents need to submit their passports only after I do my landing interview or can submit their passports now.

Thanks.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
No the VO is not the issue. My dependents is in the USA so sending the passport to Ottawa is not the problem. My question is if my overseas dependents need to submit their passports only after I do my landing interview or can submit their passports now.

Thanks.
Seems like a new process may be. I haven’t seen that wordings on their communication before. I would follow what they are suggesting if that’s their official communication.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Seems like a new process may be. I haven’t seen that wordings on their communication before. I would follow what they are suggesting if that’s their official communication.
Thanks Cansha. Yes I have not seen any letter with that wording in this forum as well.

Last edited:

schop_2010

May 19, 2017
Thanks Cansha. Yes I have not seen any letter with that wording in this forum as well.
Hey, came across this thread today. What steps did you take ? Did you send the passport within 30 days or waited for your PR ?
Also when did you receive portal email after receiving this letter from IRCC ?

Thanks.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Hey, came across this thread today. What steps did you take ? Did you send the passport within 30 days or waited for your PR ?
Also when did you receive portal email after receiving this letter from IRCC ?

Thanks.
I had sent their passports within 30 days and before my pr.

schop_2010

May 19, 2017
I had sent their passports within 30 days and before my pr.
Thanks for the response.

How long did it take for the portal email and your PR ?
Also did you send all your dependents passports in a single package or individual ones ?
Did you raise any webform for self stating you're within Canada ? I see that letter also has this:

(If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).

Thanks.