23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
Hello all!

First I want to thank you all for the answer of my questions, each time when I have it one it was always someone who answered very quicklly. :)

I do have another question now.

If you get the passport request during your vacation, do you think it's possible to fly by yourself to your VO and get your visa the same day??

A appreciate any kind of answer from you.

Thank you! :)

Kaycee1

Jan 17, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor Approved 24-02-2011
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
Med's Request
In process 20-05-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-06-11
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-11
LANDED..........
14-08-11
When we got our PPR from the Paris office there was the option to pick up the visa in person in Paris. I don't know if it would be done the same day though.

jatin007

Apr 19, 2012
It all depends on the Visa office. Some visa office ask to come in person to stamp the passport and collect it, some ask to submit by post. From the day of PPR, the Visa office allows 1 month for submission of passport, if visa office has asked you to submit the passport by post, and you are unable to submit it due to your vacation, better to notify the visa office, in written, explaining your situation. but i would recommend you to cancel your vacations, and go and submit the passport first.. ;D

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
hi I.N. so ur vacation is soon ha? :D i hope u'll enjoy the time at max, especially the time with ur hubby :)

i wouldn't cancel anything since if the request would come after that, u'll feel sorry....just try to go on with ur life and let the process follow its course....i'm sure u can ask somebody to check ur mail, in case u get anything...also as some others said they will give u some time to either go and submit it in person or send it by courier and it's true, they give u a few days, maybe 10 maybe 45, depends on the embassy...long time ago both options were possible but we always went in person, by train to Bucharest....it's fun :) it will b a nice trip for u :) i think we didn't get the visa stamped in the same day - we had 2 stay in bucharest a few days; but i don't remember, if u want i can ask, my mom should remember better...all i remember is that it was around Mihail and Gavril, maybe on that day exactly ;)

now if let's say u get email/letter and u r in vacation, u can either come with ur hubby in Ro and then continue ur vacation (slightly change of plans) or just send ur passport by mail (in Europe u can travel with ur buletin, id card, so it's ok, no? ;))...then the visa will wait for u when u go back ;D

just my point of view....numai bine :-*

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
You have read my mind Missmini :).

We are going to do exactly as you siad.

Anyway, I didn't get my PPR yet, plus I can travel with out my passport in Europe, by the time when I am going to be in Geneva I will stll have my passport with me, (midlle of May) so I have time to enjoy my vacation with my hubby :p :p, I have my mom home if I will get any mail,request from my VO.

And if I get my PPR in the mean time, also will be a great oportunity to visit Bucharest with my husbund, however I will first ask my VO if it's possible to go there in person, (things and rulles change in here quite fast... :-\) people here suggested that and I agree (thanks everyone by the way... :))

And yes, vacation getting closer, I am leaving my home town next Sunday, I am so so anxious!! ;D

Keep in touch Missmini, numai bine ;)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
I.N said:
You have read my mind Missmini :).

We are going to do exactly as you siad.

Anyway, I didn't get my PPR yet, plus I can travel with out my passport in Europe, by the time when I am going to be in Geneva I will stll have my passport with me, (midlle of May) so I have time to enjoy my vacation with my hubby :p :p, I have my mom home if I will get any mail,request from my VO.

And if I get my PPR in the mean time, also will be a great oportunity to visit Bucharest with my husbund, however I will first ask my VO if it's possible to go there in person, (things and rulles change in here quite fast... :-\) people here suggested that and I agree (thanks everyone by the way... :))

And yes, vacation getting closer, I am leaving my home town next Sunday, I am so so anxious!! ;D

Keep in touch Missmini, numai bine ;)
yeah that's the thing things do change especially with CIC - but u will have all the details in their letter, u could also email them, as i see, they r very prompt in replying :) and maybe people who got their visa recently will give u more details
vacantza placuta!!! (i love travelling but i miss travelling together ::) )