+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request Digital

Xaradiem

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Hi all,
I got the passport request few days ago. I sent the physical original one to the VAC already. However, on Gc Key, there is a link in which they request me to send the photo and scan of my passport.
Does anyone going through this step ? Is it just an option ?
My understanding is that digital photo and scanned passport only apply to the visa-exempted countries. while the rest need to send the physical one to VAC for the COPR.

Any help ?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi all,
I got the passport request few days ago. I sent the physical original one to the VAC already. However, on Gc Key, there is a link in which they request me to send the photo and scan of my passport.
Does anyone going through this step ? Is it just an option ?
My understanding is that digital photo and scanned passport only apply to the visa-exempted countries. while the rest need to send the physical one to VAC for the COPR.

Any help ?
I don't really know but it would be nice to think that it is part of a new process to be able to issue the visa and COPR for non visa exempt countries with VFS and LVOs being still closed in many parts of the world. Or maybe it was just a mistake on their part sending that to you.

Reactions: Xaradiem