+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport renewal??

Lpena

Jun 11, 2019
Hello. My study permit just got approved. I received a letter requesting for my passport. My passport will expire on February 2021 and my student visa will be until June 2021. It is said in the letter that passport must be valid for the duration of my expected stay or with my study permit. It also stated in the the letter that they will not issue a visa beyond the expiry date of passport. Do I need to renew my passport? Will it not affect my application, since the passport number will be changed once I renew my passport

-user-name-

Apr 13, 2019
I had the same case..you should get ur passport renewed..otherwise you’ll be granted ur visa till ur passport’s expiry date and then you’ll have to extend ur visa afterwards. There won’t be any issue in your application since the old passport number and renewal date are mentioned in the new passport. So it will be understood that u have renewed ur passport.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You dont have to renew passport now if you dont want to, but your permit/visa will only be issued till february 2021 you can then apply for an extension in Canada before it expires and after you have a new passport.

rbertulfo19

Feb 15, 2020
Hello, how will be the process of submitting the new passport for stamping? the passport request letter is expiring soon. do they release updated passport request letter before submitting the new passport for stamping. Thank you in advance.

chloe11

Nov 22, 2022
Hello, how will be the process of submitting the new passport for stamping? the passport request letter is expiring soon. do they release updated passport request letter before submitting the new passport for stamping. Thank you in advance.
Hey any update on this? I am in the same situation.

Apr 15, 2023
Hi, I am Sai Karthik, my study permit has been approved and issued upto expiry of my passport.
If I renew my passport will I be allowed to enter Canada, if I carry both the passports?

will my visa be still valid?

Will be my study permit issued by the immigration services at the border even though I have renewed my passport? I am yet to enter Canada for first time