+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Renewal

karm96

Aug 22, 2014
ADVICE: Re-new your passport expiry date so that you will take the visa for the whole period of your studies and send with the passport a letter requesting the "letter of introduction" which you can not enter Canada without even if you got the visa. Also attach a small paper to your passport pointing that you renewed your passport and on which page. Why is that? Because the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi did a terrible mistake with me. They did not even bother to look at the renewal page resulting in giving me the visa for only two years while my studies are for four years.
Good luck

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

karm96 said:
ADVICE: Re-new your passport expiry date so that you will take the visa for the whole period of your studies and send with the passport a letter requesting the "letter of introduction" which you can not enter Canada without even if you got the visa. Also attach a small paper to your passport pointing that you renewed your passport and on which page. Why is that? Because the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi did a terrible mistake with me. They did not even bother to look at the renewal page resulting in giving me the visa for only two years while my studies are for four years.
Good luck

Incorrect, you can enter Canada without LOI if you have a PP with a valid TRV on it.

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
karm96 said:
Good luck
So your passport will expire after two years?

Deepthich

Oct 20, 2019
Hello my pass port is expiring in 2 years but soon I will be applying for work permit which is of 3 years duration, how early can I renew my Indian passport and my current country of residence is canada and IAM a student in Canada please help any inputs will be appreciated