Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
I have two quick questions guys.

1.) Which 2 pieces of identification did you submit with your passport application? I'm thinking of sending my original driver's license (since I don't need it to travel to work) and my passport from my home country. Would those 2 be good to send?

2.) Is the passport different if you are applying from a French speaking province? I speak English but live in Quebec so wanted to know if there would be a difference (but realizing now as I'm typing it that it's federal so all Passports have to be in both languages).

By the way, I hate this guarantor business. Thanks for your help guys! :D

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
I applied directly at a Passport Canada office. The officer only took my BC ID card ( or driver license for those have a it).

But because you are likely applying by mail, I’d recommend you send 2 pieces of ID as required.

I believe you will receive the same Canadian passport regardless of the province you applied from.

I know the guarantor is tricky stuff but you must secure one along with 2 references.

Good luck .

Reactions: thegentleman

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I have two quick questions guys.

1.) Which 2 pieces of identification did you submit with your passport application? I'm thinking of sending my original driver's license (since I don't need it to travel to work) and my passport from my home country. Would those 2 be good to send?

2.) Is the passport different if you are applying from a French speaking province? I speak English but live in Quebec so wanted to know if there would be a difference (but realizing now as I'm typing it that it's federal so all Passports have to be in both languages).

By the way, I hate this guarantor business. Thanks for your help guys! :D
First, if you live anywhere near a passport office, you should apply in person. That is a way easier way of dealing with this. They will identify immediately if you forgot something and you don't need to mail anything.

If you still want to mail, note that instead of using originals, you can make copies that your guarantor signs, see here (at the end of the page)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport/identity-documents.html

Also, as stated above, there is only one bilingual version of the passport.

Reactions: thegentleman

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
Yea, I'm thinking of applying in person, that sounds like the best option. Thanks guys!!!;)

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Are they asking very specific questions to your guarantor? Or just general, like when you have met and what do you do for living etc..

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
First, if you live anywhere near a passport office, you should apply in person. That is a way easier way of dealing with this. They will identify immediately if you forgot something and you don't need to mail anything.

If you still want to mail, note that instead of using originals, you can make copies that your guarantor signs, see here (at the end of the page)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport/identity-documents.html

Also, as stated above, there is only one bilingual version of the passport.
Hi. I need to travel abput exactly 11 days after my oath including weekends. What are my options i will be applying in person next day delivery for my pasport but is there an emergency document available to be given to me to be able to come back to canada?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi. I need to travel abput exactly 11 days after my oath including weekends. What are my options i will be applying in person next day delivery for my pasport but is there an emergency document available to be given to me to be able to come back to canada?
Not an issue. If you have a good reason and pay the additional fee (110$), you can get your passport by the end of the next business day.
Check the urgent pick up here :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/urgent-emergency-passport.html

Reactions: ibry

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
In my case, they called neither my guarantor nor my references.
Hmmm I wonder what that depends from...
I am meeting with my guarantor at the weekend and we will have to do a quick catch up on things.. I can't remember exactly when we have met lol I know it's around 3.5/4 years, but I can't remember what year it was exactly hahaha

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
Hmmm I wonder what that depends from...
I am meeting with my guarantor at the weekend and we will have to do a quick catch up on things.. I can't remember exactly when we have met lol I know it's around 3.5/4 years, but I can't remember what year it was exactly hahaha
I don't think they really care exactly... once it over 2 years it should be good. I don't think they even call these people anyway, but I'll see. I will be putting in for mine next week.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Based on other experiences in the forum, it seems like references are called when there is an urgent processing of the passport. That said, I'd expect that it's somewhat random. Certainly they couldn't spend the time calling references of all, not even most, passport applications.

Reactions: ibry

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
HI All,

Does anyone know if it's really mandatory?:rolleyes:
because the two photos are stamped and there is not enough room for the guarantor to write the sentence ... just to sign :(

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html
Guarantors
<snip>
writing “I certify this to be a true likeness of (applicant name)” on the back of one of your passport photos and signing it
<snip>
The stamp on the back of my photo actually already has those lines , and my guarantor only needed to sign next to it

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
The stamp on the back of my photo actually already has those lines , and my guarantor only needed to sign next to it
Do you know if we can overwrite, because the stamp I have is on the name/address / phone number of the photographic company.:(

Thanks in advance.

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
The passport application says "at least one piece of ID" and there is space to fill details of 2 pieces of IDs.

I have my drivers licence and health card. So, I can give 2 IDs if needed. But in my wife's drivers licence there is a small mistake which we are planning to correct next month when it is due for renewal and hence I don't think I should submit that. (Actually, there are two words with a space in her First Name. But these guys have mistakenly put a comma in between. So people can take the second word as a Middle Name. We also noticed it only recently when one guy interpreted it that way. No body else notice or care about it in last five years when it was presented as ID proof ! So, Iam planning to submit only health card for her- which contains all the details they have asked : name, photo, DOB, sex, signature (5 things).

My question is,

Is there any advantage of providing 2 IDs compared to one ID? Or is it sufficient if I give one ID which contain all these 5 things ?