+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Question

kazandbergen

May 7, 2013
So I'm starting to (slowly! I really think I'm overthinking the forms...) fill out IMM0008.

I'm American, husband is Canadian. I'm still in the US, he is sponsoring me outland. Legally, I picked up his last name and dropped, so on all my bills, drivers licence, etc, that is what is on there. However, I never got around to applying for a new passport. When I had my medical done, they just put "Krystal 'Maidan Name'-'Married Name' on my forms. So now I'm having some confusion on what to put for the personal information.

Should I apply for a new passport card? Or... what do I put? I'm confused.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kazandbergen said:
So I'm starting to (slowly! I really think I'm overthinking the forms...) fill out IMM0008.

I'm American, husband is Canadian. I'm still in the US, he is sponsoring me outland. Legally, I picked up his last name and dropped, so on all my bills, drivers licence, etc, that is what is on there. However, I never got around to applying for a new passport. When I had my medical done, they just put "Krystal 'Maidan Name'-'Married Name' on my forms. So now I'm having some confusion on what to put for the personal information.

Should I apply for a new passport card? Or... what do I put? I'm confused.
1. Your visa will be issued in the name on your passport. Note passport cards are not acceptable for Immigration, you require a passport book.