+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport query.

pandehz

Star Member
May 11, 2014
I will be applying for a 2 years student visa but my passport validity is only for 1 year as it expires on Aug 2015.

Will I get a 2 yr visa on this passport or will they give me a 1 yr visa and I have to apply again for a second year from Canada?

Any info on this matter is greatly appreciated.

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For sure you won't get visa exceeding the date of expiry of your passport. You'll have to Apply for the visa. Renew your passport in Canada (May take at max upto 2-3 months) and then extend your visa again before Aug'15.
You won't be able to renew your passport till 1 year before expiry date, so you won't be able to renew it before Aug'14 in India.

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
pandehz said:
I will be applying for a 2 years student visa but my passport validity is only for 1 year as it expires on Aug 2015.

Will I get a 2 yr visa on this passport or will they give me a 1 yr visa and I have to apply again for a second year from Canada?

Any info on this matter is greatly appreciated.
Renew your passport.I have heard that you can renew only a year before but give a try.

pandehz

Star Member
May 11, 2014
lovedeepsingh said:
Renew your passport.I have heard that you can renew only a year before but give a try.
Yep have been trying, online passport system here is worse than I expected.

pandehz

Star Member
May 11, 2014
tormentor said:
For sure you won't get visa exceeding the date of expiry of your passport. You'll have to Apply for the visa. Renew your passport in Canada (May take at max upto 2-3 months) and then extend your visa again before Aug'15.
You won't be able to renew your passport till 1 year before expiry date, so you won't be able to renew it before Aug'14 in India.
Thx for the info.

Will do.

Just concerned about the visa process when applying from within Canada. Is it an entirely different process?
Such as again showing funds or address proof etc and also is it a significantly higher cost? Also will they give me a reduced visa time when extending and will it affect the Pgwp? Early apologies for the twenty questions. I will search these things myself but any input is appreciated.

Should I expect any surprises?