+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport query (incorrect date)

Heba Usman

Nov 18, 2020
Hi everyone..my problem is that iv got a wrong exit stamp on my passport (incorrect year) so how do I go about it and prove that iv never travelled on this date? Can the airport personnel help me in this regard by providing a letter or anything?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hi everyone..my problem is that iv got a wrong exit stamp on my passport (incorrect year) so how do I go about it and prove that iv never travelled on this date? Can the airport personnel help me in this regard by providing a letter or anything?
Just include an explanation in your LOE stating the exit stamp is the wrong date, such errors do happen. If IRCC want to do more checks they can contact the country's immigration department to verify.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Heba Usman

Nov 18, 2020
Just include an explanation in your LOE stating the exit stamp is the wrong date, such errors do happen. If IRCC want to do more checks they can contact the country's immigration department to verify.

I wouldn't worry about it.
Oh ok..thanks..n once on my way back to bahrain from omam, they didn't even bother to stamp my passport..will that be an issue?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
No, for example there is no passport stamping when you move between EU countries.

Just provide your travel history as accurately as you can.