+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Q

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

So my oath ceremony is on Dec 7. When can I apply for the passport? Is there a 10-day restrictions as someone told me?

How long does it take to get the passport? regular and express?

Thanks

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loulou79 said:
Hello,

So my oath ceremony is on Dec 7. When can I apply for the passport? Is there a 10-day restrictions as someone told me?

Thanks
Hi Loulou79,

Congratulations!

You can apply for a passport 48 hours after your oath. It took exactly 10 days for my passport to be delivered at home (regular). I think it is only necessary to go for an express application if you really need a passport very soon. Some of the people I know even got theirs in less tan 10 days. I hope this helps.

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joseph18 said:
Hi Loulou79,

Congratulations!

You can apply for a passport 48 hours after your oath. It took exactly 10 days for my passport to be delivered at home (regular). I think it is only necessary to go for an express application if you really need a passport very soon. Some of the people I know even got theirs in less tan 10 days. I hope this helps.
Hello Joseph-Many thanks for the reply. Do I have to pick it up myself? been told that there is such an option and it will be faster.

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loulou79 said:
Hello Joseph-Many thanks for the reply. Do I have to pick it up myself? been told that there is such an option and it will be faster.
Yes, you can definitely do that for an additional cost. Here is the breakdown of fees for EXPEDITED SERVICES:

Urgent pick up (by the end of the next business day) $110
Express pick up within 2-9 business days $50
Standard pick up on or after 10 business days $20

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Loulou79 said:
Hello,

Thanks
I applied 48 hours later at a Passport Canada location. Used the standard processing (no express service) for a 10 years passport. Got it at home 10 days later.

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joseph18 said:
Yes, you can definitely do that for an additional cost. Here is the breakdown of fees for EXPEDITED SERVICES:

Urgent pick up (by the end of the next business day) $110
Express pick up within 2-9 business days $50
Standard pick up on or after 10 business days $20
thanks a million

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
I applied 48 hours later at a Passport Canada location. Used the standard processing (no express service) for a 10 years passport. Got it at home 10 days later.
thanks a lot for ur reply. I'm travelling on the 27th! if I took my ticket with me, would they send it earlier. I can apply on Dec 9th

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loulou79 said:
thanks a lot for ur reply. I'm travelling on the 27th! if I took my ticket with me, would they send it earlier. I can apply on Dec 9th
I will be trying to apply the same day or next day of oath on the 1st as I fly out on the 11th..... I will apply for express processing and just hope it works out ;)

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rigly68 said:
I will be trying to apply the same day or next day of oath on the 1st as I fly out on the 11th..... I will apply for express processing and just hope it works out ;)
Better go for the next day pick up for $110 rather be tensed! After all, it is only a $60 difference with the other.
;)

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajithpl said:
Better go for the next day pick up for $110 rather be tensed! After all, it is only a $60 difference with the other.
;)
Lol...you are correct. That is what I will be doing for sure ;D

saazg

Aug 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rigly68 said:
hay rigly68 did you applyed same day?

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
he is unable to apply same day..but before 48 hours.. but he has to go through normal processing coz for urgent processing u need to show the ticket for next day flight..
hope for the best for him.. his flight will be on Friday..

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saazg said:
hay rigly68 did you applyed same day?
imran01 said:
he is unable to apply same day..but before 48 hours.. but he has to go through normal processing coz for urgent processing u need to show the ticket for next day flight..
I was actually able to apply before the 48 hours (2 Business days) after oath. I applied on Monday for Express Pickup. Unfortunately the express can not be guaranteed so I will find out Friday if it is ready or not.... keep your fingers crossed!

saazg

Aug 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imran01 said:
hay can anybody tell me that wich visa is good for urgently visit family in india, oci took 3 month

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
saazg said:
hay can anybody tell me that wich visa is good for urgently visit family in india, oci took 3 month
You are asking in a an irrelevant thread. Anyway, you will need a regular tourist Visa to visit India, while your OCI is processed.