1312 and 2171
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2017
AOR Received.
June 04, 2017
Hi Friends,

I am working in a state different from my permanent address. I am from Kerala (India), but in Bangalore (Karnataka, India) from 2010 for studies and work. I do not wish to change my passport address to my present address, as it is a temporary one (I have stayed in so many places in Bangalore in the last 7yrs. I have a rent agreement for the place where I am staying from last 9months).

I have my passport expiring in 2019. Also, I wish to add my wife's (married in 2016 June) name in my passport. As I have received the ITA, I think to do it on next week with the tatkaal scheme, which will take only 3 days to do. I will get my new photograph in my pp as well as the pp validity will get extended by another 10 yrs.

Now the queries are,

1. Will passport re-issue has a police verification?

2. Will the pp officer insist me to change the passport address from my present one to the current one (Bangalore)?

3. I have decided to apply for PCC (for CIC) after a week of getting the re-issued passport. Will the PCC get into trouble as my passport address is different from where I am staying currently? Will they suspect why I did not change my passport address to the present address upon re-issuing?

4. Or is it a better idea to continue with my present passport and renew it in 2019?

5. My wife's passport was taken after our marriage. The address given in her passport is her parent's address, but my name is given as spouse. Will her address cause any problem? I require many formalities to change her address in her pp, which I don't think I can do as we have ITA in hand and it will be risky to waste time. Would it be a problem if my wife's address is different from mine? in CIC???

Waiting for opinions and instructions from members, including seniors. ???

ajufsd

Mar 21, 2017
Bangalore and Kerala
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Desi office in India
NOC Code......
1312 and 2171
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2017
AOR Received.
June 04, 2017
You cannot renew your passport yet. It can only be renewed 1 year before its expiry date.
Thank you.

I have a few more queries..

5. My wife's passport was taken after our marriage. The address given in her passport is her parent's address, but my name is given as spouse. I require many formalities to change her address in her pp, which I don't think I can do as we have ITA in hand and it will be risky to waste time.

Will her old address cause any problem? Would it be a problem if my wife's address is different from mine in CIC???

6. Is there any problem if my passport is not entered with my wife's name?

7. Suppose if I get the visa luckily, should I come back to India before the expiry of passport for renewing it?

8. Since the visa stamping for PR will be done in old passport, how to transfer it to the new one after renewing? Is it a troublesome procedure which takes months?

Please help

dexternmn

Feb 27, 2017
I had a similar experience, your passport in this case will have new expiry date which will be 10 years.

When you apply to particular city psk from any address, you will have to show the proof of address of the city of psk you are applying.

For adding spouse name, there will not be any police verification. However, the address will get changed to your current.

For spouse, i would suggest to get it done from the place mentioned in her passport if it takes lot of time for you. For you anywhere you feel comfortable.

At the end of the day, its good to have spouse name added to passport. but there is no such requirement from IRCC.

ParulB

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
08-06-2017
ajufsd said:
Hi Friends,

I am working in a state different from my permanent address. I am from Kerala (India), but in Bangalore (Karnataka, India) from 2010 for studies and work. I do not wish to change my passport address to my present address, as it is a temporary one (I have stayed in so many places in Bangalore in the last 7yrs. I have a rent agreement for the place where I am staying from last 9months).

I have my passport expiring in 2019. Also, I wish to add my wife's (married in 2016 June) name in my passport. As I have received the ITA, I think to do it on next week with the tatkaal scheme, which will take only 3 days to do. I will get my new photograph in my pp as well as the pp validity will get extended by another 10 yrs. In my case, police asked me for 1 ID proof, two address proofs and two neighbour references.

Now the queries are,

2. Will the pp officer insist me to change the passport address from my present one to the current one (Bangalore)?

3. I have decided to apply for PCC (for CIC) after a week of getting the re-issued passport. Will the PCC get into trouble as my passport address is different from where I am staying currently? Will they suspect why I did not change my passport address to the present address upon re-issuing?

4. Or is it a better idea to continue with my present passport and renew it in 2019?

5. My wife's passport was taken after our marriage. The address given in her passport is her parent's address, but my name is given as spouse. Will her address cause any problem? I require many formalities to change her address in her pp, which I don't think I can do as we have ITA in hand and it will be risky to waste time. Would it be a problem if my wife's address is different from mine? in CIC???

I believe you can get a new passport before one year to expiry if you change your address. That's the only option I know. I assume you should also be able to get it on adding spouse name, but check PSK FAQ on that. Yes police verification is done after the fact. That is, in case of passport renewal you will get the passport first and then the verification process will start. The passport you get is subjected to successful verification of your address.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
ajufsd said:
Hi Friends,

I have my passport expiring in 2019. Also, I wish to add my wife's (married in 2016 June) name in my passport. As I have received the ITA, I think to do it on next week with the tatkaal scheme, which will take only 3 days to do. I will get my new photograph in my pp as well as the pp validity will get extended by another 10 yrs.

Now the queries are,

Yes

If you visit Bangalore PSK, you need to produce proof of your current residence and you have provide details of last 1 year of residence. The new passport will have your current residence as address.
Post passport renewal, you will get the PCC on same day. My advice to you is get the new PP from Bangalore with your current address.
Having spouse's name on your PP comes handy at a lot of places and would help her get the PCC same day as you even if she has a different address on her passport but has your name on it.
In my case, my PP is on current address with spouse name mentioned and her passport had different address but my name mentioned as spouse. We both got PCC the same day.

If you have sufficient time, get a new passport with your spouse's name added and on current address.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Maverick28 said:
You cannot renew your passport yet. It can only be renewed 1 year before its expiry date.
it can be renewed if there are changes in personal details, pages exhausted, pp damaged

ajufsd

Mar 21, 2017
Bangalore and Kerala
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Desi office in India
NOC Code......
1312 and 2171
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2016
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2017
AOR Received.
June 04, 2017
Hi

dexternmn,
Maverick28,
ParulB &
vishalg,

Thank you for the inputs.

Hope even if I am not able to renew the passport now its fine for CIC requirements, and if it get expired while I am abroad, it can be renewed by visiting the Indian Consulates.

Right?

sadiya2310

Jul 17, 2017
Thank you.

I have a few more queries..

5. My wife's passport was taken after our marriage. The address given in her passport is her parent's address, but my name is given as spouse. I require many formalities to change her address in her pp, which I don't think I can do as we have ITA in hand and it will be risky to waste time.

Will her old address cause any problem? Would it be a problem if my wife's address is different from mine in CIC???

6. Is there any problem if my passport is not entered with my wife's name?

7. Suppose if I get the visa luckily, should I come back to India before the expiry of passport for renewing it?

8. Since the visa stamping for PR will be done in old passport, how to transfer it to the new one after renewing? Is it a troublesome procedure which takes months?

Please help
I have a similar problem my husband and mine passport is has different address and we will update the spouse name now. Will different address cause a problem?

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Hello @vishalg and @Maverick28

The permanent address on my passport is different from where I'm residing now. When applying for PCC on the website it is throwing an error saying that the regional passport offices are different in present and permanent address and not allowing me to proceed. Any idea how we can get around that?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Hello @vishalg and @Maverick28

The permanent address on my passport is different from where I'm residing now. When applying for PCC on the website it is throwing an error saying that the regional passport offices are different in present and permanent address and not allowing me to proceed. Any idea how we can get around that?
Create a new login on passport website and try again. It should work.

Reactions: anoop10x

KhushiPatel

May 15, 2018
Hi,
I have received my ITA and all my documents are ready to upload but somebody told me that as my passport has my previous residential address and i moved to the new one before 4 years and in the same city- will i need to update it now?
do i need to update- will my application with previous address in the passport lead to rejection if i submit?
also, i have mentioned my new address in address history section and my pcc is even clear. please help me.