+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Prep after Oath

surreymeluk

Oct 1, 2018
Q1) Hi, Which box to tick on passport App..... 4B 'Certificate of Naturalisation' or 'Certificate of Citizenship' ?
I,m inclined to tick the Citizenship, although, surely your naturalised after Oath ceremony!!

Q2) Also, is the form PPTC 057 'Additional Information' 'Documents to support ID & Refs' required to fill in. I cant seem to see when/what this is needed for, since those questions are on the PP App anyway!

Yes, I have searched around on these forums for answers, but not for clarification on these 2 issues.
Thankyou.

veer2012

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
London, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NYC, Online
NOC Code......
TFW LMO based
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25 Oct 2013
Doc's Request.
None - File updated 11/30/2013
Nomination.....
NONE
Passport Req..
11 Feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
10 Mar 2014
LANDED..........
15 Mar 2014
Q1) Hi, Which box to tick on passport App..... 4B 'Certificate of Naturalisation' or 'Certificate of Citizenship' ?
I,m inclined to tick the Citizenship, although, surely your naturalised after Oath ceremony!!

Q2) Also, is the form PPTC 057 'Additional Information' 'Documents to support ID & Refs' required to fill in. I cant seem to see when/what this is needed for, since those questions are on the PP App anyway!

Yes, I have searched around on these forums for answers, but not for clarification on these 2 issues.
Thankyou.
I'm in the same boat of prepping paperwork for Canadian passport. Oath is not yet complete.
But 'Certificate of Citizenship application' - if we've to apply after oath, then it shows 5 months wait time. Not sure, what document IRCC provides at the oath. Basic difference between Naturalization & citizenship certificate is... we are going through Naturalization process (PR then complete 3 years of stay & apply to become Canadian citizen).

Mrva21

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga

Thankyou.
Q1) You will get a Certificate of Citizenship and there will be a number on it that you will fill in

Q2) Use your drivers licence and health card.for references ask your friends or work colleague.

Hope this helps!