+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport place of issue

parissfj

Oct 12, 2019
In the Citizenship application form it asks to list all passports, Country or territory of Issue, and Place of issue.

The problem is that my passport does not say anything about place of issue. It has Authority so I put the value of authority which is the name of the Office issuing the passport.

However on the page explaining the steps is says

Tell us if you have held passports or travel documents during your five (5) year eligibility period.
  1. Check either yes or no.
    • If you check yes, complete the chart labeled Table Ain question 14 by including:
      1. the document number
      2. the name of the country that issued the document (issuing authority)
      3. the place (city or town) the document was issued

I am confused now as I don't know if I should put text under Authority on my passport or City where the passport was issued even though my doesn't state that.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the Citizenship application form it asks to list all passports, Country or territory of Issue, and Place of issue.

The problem is that my passport does not say anything about place of issue. It has Authority so I put the value of authority which is the name of the Office issuing the passport.

Tell us if you have held passports or travel documents during your five (5) year eligibility period.
    • If you check yes, complete the chart labeled Table Ain question 14 by including:
      1. the document number

I am confused now as I don't know if I should put text under Authority on my passport or City where the passport was issued even though my doesn't state that.
Put the name of place/city where you have received your passport. Read the instructions guide.

parissfj

Oct 12, 2019
Put the name of place/city where you have received your passport. Read the instructions guide.
So let's say in English passport you have HMPO or IPS but you don't put that, you put London instead even thought passport doesn't say that? I want to clarify

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

1. 14 Check either yes or no.
    • If you check yes, complete the chart labeled Table A in question 14 by including:
      1. the document number
      4. the date the document was issued
      5. the expiry date of the document

parissfj

Oct 12, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

1. 14 Check either yes or no.
    • If you check yes, complete the chart labeled Table A in question 14 by including:
      1. the document number
      4. the date the document was issued
      5. the expiry date of the document

I am not blind and I quoted this article in my original message. You still haven't answered my question.

I am thinking about authority because I found this answer on other websites. When I read this article 20 times and you come here and quote it another time it will not make me understand it better. That's why I asked what did you put. Can someone else help?

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So let's say in English passport you have HMPO or IPS but you don't put that, you put London instead even thought passport doesn't say that? I want to clarify
You will put London.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019

1. the document number

In my old passport they used to put country and city where the passport was issued, but the new one just said about the country not the city anymore. In my application I said the city where it's was issued even if the passport does not mention it. Just answer honestly the question even if your passport does not say the city it was issued.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: parissfj